Caffe Shakerato

Gareth

Sep 17, 2008
UK
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if I could pick your brains on the infamous Shakerato?

I have used the standard shakerato recipe of ice, espresso and sugar, but is there any other recipes that work well with the shakerato?

I know of a number of recipes including alcohol but are there any other recipes that do not use alcohol?

Thanks for your time guys!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello,

You can dress up the basic shakerato by swirling chocolate syrup into the glass before pouring the shaken (frothy) espresso mixture in. The chocolate swirl looks really nice when you use a slender glass (such as a champagne flute or a white wine glass).

You can also add vanilla syrup instead of sugar
Or you can give it a splash of vanilla extract

You can also substutute some mocha or vanilla gelato for the ice.
I've heard that you can use flavored ice cubes, but I've never tried it.

You can also dress it up by adding a bit of lemon or orange peel before serving.

I hope these ideas help get your creative energy flowing.

Enjoy!

Rose

David's Biscotti Cafe

David's Biscotti Cafe

You know Ed, I've been wondering for a while why you and Byron don't just open a cafe. He can run the bakery and wholesale production. You run the front of the house and marketing. You will probably need a better location in town. But your area will support it.

Because my friend, you have passion and a love of interesting new ideas. And you love all things coffee. I think it appeals to the chef in you. Many chefs I've met over the years seem to gravitate toward wine, brandy, cigars, chocolate and coffee. I don't know why. You seem to fit the profile.

You do a great job with biscotti. But alone it may be too limiting for you. Imagine the fun you might have with a cafe and access to a consuming, slurping, crunching public.

I think it's a great idea. Be a shark!

Mako