Caffeine and Teeth

Pong

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Although caffeine drinkers, particularly coffee drinkers, may find over time that their teeth develop brown stains, the problem is not the caffeine. Rather, it is the dark liquid itself that changes tooth color. Even non-caffeinated colas can cause staining.
URL removed by moderator

alphawave7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
A problem for espresso folks..particulalry for the vain (me?). I use baking soda to brush my teeth several times a week, along with regular whitening toothpaste in between.

xtraxtra

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't they have special toothpastes for things like things? Also, I would think you simply have to be more vigilant in addressing your oral hygiene.

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
I drink 2 cups of coffee every day, and brush my teeth twice a day -- no staining has resulted. I'm sure it would/could if one didn't brush his/her teeth often enough.

deborahmunoz

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It is recommended that we drink coffee out of a straw to minimize how much of the drinks come into contact with our teeth. We can also see our doctor regularly to reduce the stains from our teeth.

JohnCarrick

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Not only ruins the enemal of your teeth, also it diminsh the shining of teeth and give them yellow color..

Last edited by a moderator:

brianwekes

Sep 7, 2012
Las Vegas
Visit site
Well, you can try consuming through a straw. This makes it possible for the coffee to go down without cleansing against your tooth so it decreases the discoloration. Fewer discolorations indicate your tooth remain white and shiny more time.

keyshawnroderick

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Caffeine impairs the absorption and metabolism of calcium. This mode increases the acidity of your blood, thus forcing your body to pull calcium from its stores in bones and teeth to neutralize the environment.

Last edited by a moderator: