Caffeine - Friend or Foe?

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have seen lots of people asking questions like how many cups of coffee is good for health, how much caffeine can be dangerous, and what are the effect of caffeine on health. I want to start answering by saying one punch line - Anything in excess can be bad for you.

Normal Caffeine Amount

1 cup of coffee contains 95 mg of caffeine. An adult person who loves coffee can have 200 to 300 mg of caffeine without showing any problems.

My Caffeine Intake

I drink 1 to 2 cups of coffee everyday (morning and afternoon), which gives my body about 95-190 mg of caffeine.

Excess of Caffeine

If you take caffeine in excess (more than 300 mg) then you may get problems like insomnia, irritable behavior, anxiety and in some cases excessive caffeine can cause diarrhea.

Last edited:

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
It is pretty much like a lot of things: too much of a good thing is bad. I even believe a cigarette once in awhile can help relax and relieve stress but unfortunately, it is hard to not want one more and one more.......

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Right... I must add here that addiction of anything is bad for physical and/or mental health. Unless one has a strong will power he cannot beat the desire for things he gets addicted to. Cigarettes, alcohols, caffeine, weeds, marijuana etc. are addictive in nature. People who don't have strong will power always find themselves in the arrest of such addictions and then they want to keep on consuming that thing with no control on their senses.