Caffeinism, Caffeine Psychosis

Coffee Cup Joe

Sep 27, 2004
New York
Visit site
stop the press'

Wow, what a thread.

The last time I looked up cancer cures, diabetes cures and anything else you lay claim to, I don't recall it saying "see Gano".

Natural products on the whole and a totally devout diet can help contribute to a change in treating diseases. There is so much more to it.

But wow, your traveling medicine show is getting old fast. "Quick Fester, git me another cup of that thar mushroomey healthy coffee stuff to lay cure to me before we git to the Dodge City Forum showing."

Come on, don't try filling my head with that stuff. It's coffee only and plenty of it!

And I'm still mellow as the month of May.

fatriff

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
That person who mentioned being in a caffeine phychosis doesn''t know what they are talking about, I am in a caffeine induced phychosis, and no, you don''t do crazy things and think you see things that aren''t really there.. you basically lose your feeling and emotions.. you don''t feel love for anybody, months drift by and you basically loose time, you don''t remember fully what you did the day before, everything is a blurr mentally.. you don''t think, you don''t learn....

If anybody else is living like this then reply to me and lets talk about this, i don''t want to hear from anybody who thinks they are in some sort of phychosis after a week of drinking caffeine, i''ve been like this since october 2003.. since the day it began, i have basically lost life, i don''t know reality as nothing looks or feels real.

CaffeineAddiction

Aug 28, 2008
Coffeeforums.com
Visit site
Hey,

Great topic, I just made a thread about my life and the detrimental effects that caffeine had on it. I''ve been drinking caffeine for about 5-6yrs. Heavily, for the last two. I was like an alcoholic - 1 drink was too much, 10 was not enough. Even when I began to notice the negative effects, there was still something very appealing about the caffeine high... Even in my caffeine induced psychotic state.

I felt as if I was tripping on caffeine even after I had stopped for 3 days.

Now that I''ve stopped for a month, I have developed major sleeping problems (sometimes waking up 8-10 times a night).

I actually find that if I DONT get enough coffee by like 10 am I get raging headaches. I have to hurry up and drink it when they get bad and they slowly go away as soon as I start consuming the caffeine. Almost feels like I'm going through coffee/caffeine withdrawal.

wrotek3

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Indeed. In Asian countries metamphetamine users smoke something called Yaba, which is a combination of methamphetamine and caffeine. There is a documentary on this subject at video.google

so the caffeine must reinforce meth actions.

It was easier for me to stop smoking cause i drink caffeine since i was dunno 10-15 yrs old, now 25.
:x
======================
caffeine psychosis

Postby carcinoma on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:46 am
caffeine is certainly a stimulant of the sympathetic nervous system, and thus increases adrenaline, generally substances that increase the conversion of tyrosine to catecholamines have some backlash in the mesolimbic pathway (such as amphetamine s and cocaine), thus causing a psychotic side effects, I am a big coffee drinker myself, and so have wonderd about this for some tiime....could caffeine act like a dopamine agonsit and precipitate psychosis? inteersting stuff! :p

adzchiq

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
this is an interesting topic. i just know from school that caffeine is a stimulant, and at the same time addictive. but psychosis is something i just heard of now.. :)

wrotek3

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Re: Overclocked on Caffiene

Caf-fiend said:
:D I drink about 700mg of caffiene derived frome a 32oz cup of starbucks espresso roast drip brew, I think coffee is essential to mental peformance especialy being in a communications career field in the Air Force. I can more quickly anylize fault situations in euipment and determine the means to fix it. Raw mental performance and exceleration are a plus. I compare coffee to overclocking you can overclock a system so high before it becomes unstable and fails performing erratically. I think my daily intake is close to 1 gram of caffiene.

Do U think perception of time speed flow increase or decrease after coffee ?

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
I've definitely read that you can "overdrink" caffeine and become destabilized by it to an extent. Drinking up to 1 gram of caffeinated beverages sounds extremely high, as the comfortable limit is supposed to be around 200-300mg...

Chris