camping

SCMagi

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
Next week, my family is going to camping.What do you think, is it worth taking any instant coffee or ordinary water?What else should I take with me to the camping?

MillisJonny

Apr 26, 2021
Visit site
If there are many coffee lovers, it's worth taking a camping coffee maker. I adore drinking coffee when camping. I don't go anywhere if I don't have coffee. My husband knows it. I like drinking it when it is raining; it's such a vibe and atmosphere that I can't describe. But, make sure that you buy a waterproof tent if you wanna admire the rain outside the tent.

Last edited:

Marilami

Jul 26, 2021
Chicago
Visit site
If there are many coffee lovers, it's worth taking a camping coffee maker. I adore drinking coffee when camping. I don't go anywhere if I don't have coffee. My husband knows it. I like drinking it when it is raining; it's such a vibe and atmosphere that I can't describe. But, make sure that you buy a waterproof tent if you wanna admire the rain outside the tent
By buying a waterproof tent, you don't worry about getting wet. You are safe and your coffee too.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
I found a manual K-cup coffee press. It makes coffee that tastes identical to your regular Keurig machine, but requires no electricity, just arm strength.

Say what you will about K-cups, it is better by far than instant. IMO of course.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
Making coffee the way you like it at camp is one of the greatest feelings. Accomplishment yes. Victory over inconvenience, yes. Bringing civilization to the wild, yes. Conquering the wild (without ruining it) yes. That feeling that no matter how uncomfortable things may get, you can still make yourself a ##@#@@%^^ cup of coffee!

The only thing that improves camping coffee is making it under a tarp, while it rains. Talk about the "thrill of victory"!!

CaffiNa8

May 9, 2022
Oklahoma City
Visit site
When I go camping I'm usually with several scouting adults and make 10-16 cups in a morning. I use a course grind in a percolator pot over a camp stove or campfire.
Bring the pot us to temp just before it starts to boil then drop in the basket and let perk until it becomes a light caramel color then bring the flame down and let it rest for a couple of mins before serving. I feel the key is the grind of the beans and not leaving it on the flame for too long. If you wait it perks dark brown it will likely be over extracted and burnt.

If you are making 4 or less cups the AeroPress is a great option to get a good cup without killing the vibe of camping.

I have been known to over do it (a tad) and bring a Stovetop milk steamer and a Nanopresso to make lattes, but they never complain when I start making them.