Can anyone take a quick look at our new site

DeanChalk

Jun 14, 2008
United Kingdom
Visit site
Hi All

If anyone has any opinions on our new website, we would love to hear them (positive or negative).

We've just launched the site and we're quite keen to find out if there are any additional improvements that we can make.

Also, should anyone be interested, we want additional article content for the site, so if anyone wants to write some, there's some coffee in it for you - just contact me to hammer out a deal.

Finally, we're just setting up a links page, so if anyone wants to exchange links, let me know

Thanks

Dean

Bill Laine

Jan 5, 2008
New Orleans
Visit site
Hi Dean

I like your website. It has some unique features that add a lot of appeal.

On the individual coffee pages the "Usage" section is quite good.

I like the categorizations in your recommendations page. The high/low/decaf part is great.

I think maybe some real enthusiasts might find some quibbles with the various designations but I don't think these are your target. On your site a coffee gourmet newbie can sort through the choices in terms that are familiar and get a start on why we make choices about these things.

My only quibble, and it is small. Probably ignorable - the whole thing looks awfully wordy. The boxes break it up - I think they are good - but still, it looks like a page of text on first glance.

But forget about that. The sorting is great.

Bill
New Orleans

DeanChalk

Jun 14, 2008
United Kingdom
Visit site
Alun_evans said:
Actually if you like I can send photos also for the Toraja and Mandehling sections...I have like 000's of images I have never used.

Wow thanks !!

We grabbed those images from istockphoto and just relied on their classifications, but something more authentic would be great !

Id love it if you could send me some of your photos

Thanks

Dean

DeanChalk

Jun 14, 2008
United Kingdom
Visit site
Bill Laine said:
Hi Dean

I like your website. It has some unique features that add a lot of appeal.

On the individual coffee pages the "Usage" section is quite good.

I like the categorizations in your recommendations page. The high/low/decaf part is great.

I think maybe some real enthusiasts might find some quibbles with the various designations but I don't think these are your target. On your site a coffee gourmet newbie can sort through the choices in terms that are familiar and get a start on why we make choices about these things.

My only quibble, and it is small. Probably ignorable - the whole thing looks awfully wordy. The boxes break it up - I think they are good - but still, it looks like a page of text on first glance.

But forget about that. The sorting is great.

Bill
New Orleans

Hi Bill

Yes, the site is definately targetted at the guy/(gal) who wants to progress from supermarket coffee to top quality coffees roasted on demand.

Our old site was less wordy, but our target audience wanted more - so what do you do ?

Thanks very much for the feedback though

Dean

valcs

Mar 12, 2004
CA, USA
Visit site
my thoughts

hi there,

i like the recommendations with the coffee, i like the part where you get more information about your purchase, i like the detailed profile. great job there !

what i would do different: i would change the layout and the fonts. it is too small hard to read. when I entered the site I was not not sure what is it. initially i thought it is a portal about coffee. because it is a business you should highlight your products.

just a thought... btw do not forget to add your site to directories... f.e.to mine :) link in my profile

jossipmitter

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I think about how to make business with your website

Hello everyone!

I am just getting feel with this Coffee Forum as i am new member. So i have read all you thoughts and suggetions about how to improve Dean website and all are really good!

But i would like to add something else about this topic. I think that design, flash and other issues are important to increase your looking of your websites but it is also important to increase your page rank at google searching so that way you can get more traffic to your website and also you can make business and earn money.

Just think about my comment maybe some of you know about what I am writing here and i would like to hear any other opinion.

Thanks and regards

Jossy :)