cappuccino????

jenlp31

Jul 23, 2006
Visit site
I just received a combination coffee and expresso/cappuccino machine. To make a cappuccino...what kind of coffee is used? Is there special cappuccino coffee or is it just expresso coffee with the milk? Help

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
capps

All coffee drinks are made with espresso roasted beans except for:

Cafe AuLait=drip coffee and steamed milk
Depth Charge/Red Eye/other names=Drip with espresso shots added

espressofreak777

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
jenlp31 said:
I just received a combination coffee and expresso/cappuccino machine. To make a cappuccino...what kind of coffee is used? Is there special cappuccino coffee or is it just expresso coffee with the milk? Help

A cappucino is espresso,steamed milk,and foamed milk.I make a cappucino with 1/3 each.Espresso can be made with really any coffee,although its grind is finer.You should buy a bag of espresso blend coffee.Since you are beginning I suggest you get a bag of starbucks espresso blend which you can buy at any grocery store.There are tons of blends but starbucks is easiest to find i guess.The directions should of came with it that should tell you how to make a cappuccino unless you got it used.

haytoniaho

Jun 21, 2006
NJ
Visit site
Med vs Dark

Hey, i kinda had a question that goes along with this. For cappuccino's i've heard that a medium or dark roast is best. But which of the two do you prefer? Whats the difference in taste? I just bought a medium Coppenhagen blend... but yea i wanted to ask all cappuccino lovers which roast and which blend they prefer!?

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
roasts

In general I like the murkiest dark roast you can get. From my work experience people who order capps usually want this as well wereas te latte drinkers are looking for the milder roasts.