Chaff Collector

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
I need a chaff collector. I ordered one for my Ambex and was told it was almost done, then told the one missing part was on order, then told the paint was drying and it would be shipped soon, and a month and a half later I still don't have it.

So now I'm shopping again and would love to hear from fellow roasters...who built your chaff collector / afterburner? What would you say about its efficiency and do you recommend it? I'm not having much luck finding a resource.

By the way, Ambex does not build this unit themselves, so they are at the mercy of the 3rd party fabrication shop. My only fault with Ambex is that I haven't heard the latest reason for the delay in about three weeks, but I'm sure it is only because they have no information to report. As for their roasters, they have the best and I would not trade mine for anything.

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
It's late and I'm sure you're gone for the day - I'll try to call you tomorrow if I can find your number.

I'm guessing your roaster is working overtime by now! How's that going? I'm very close to springing for a larger roaster myself. I'm at the crossroads of either selling it all or making a total commitment...it's grown to that point. If I go with a larger roaster, I will need some guidance! I'm looking at the Probat L25...handles 55lbs per batch.

But we can talk about that on the phone!

-Steve

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
The L 25 rocks...real workhorse.....used one before and loved it...but will give the downfalls when you call me tomorrow...pmed you my work and home number