Chamomile Tea + Coffee - Will it work?

StressedStudent

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried Chamomile Tea (mine is non-caffeinated) + Coffee? Time is limited and I can't risk experimenting in a study session only to become tired (the effects of chamomile tea). I am wondering if mixing the two provides alertness MINUS the anxiety/jitters/side-effects?

(BACKSTORY)
It's exam time at University, and I rarely drink coffee except during exam season. Last year I used Red Bull and generic brands of energy drinks to pull through all nighters and cram sessions but the high-fructose corn syrup gave me a belly for the first time in my life, so I switched over to black coffee.

Thing is, unlike energy drinks, I notice side effects with coffee such as anxiousness and some common side effects (which I didn't notice on energy drinks, this is a huge difference between the two for me, on energy drinks I was only pumped, little to none anxiety in comparison) so im wondering if mixing chamomile tea and coffee would make the best drink

cestrin

Jul 19, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Visit site
Not sure.....but if you're looking for caffeine, cold brewed coffee has the max. I wasn't jittery just up for a while. I drank some at 4 PM once and couldn't fall asleep until after 1...

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm not sure about the stimulating effects, but I know mixing tea with coffee simply makes it taste terrible.

A better strategy would be to plan ahead to have some sensible study sessions and a good night sleep before your exams. That's really what you should be doing.

Rose

kinky_afr0

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I once felt a little adventurous and so decided to throw a camomile teabag into my coffee. It's not very often these days I drink coffee WITHOUT camomile :) I can only comment on taste though as caffeine has very little effect on me

Ocari

Jun 3, 2017
Visit site
Hey kinky_afro, I'm very interested to know if you still drink coffee with chamomile to this day? You are the only person on the web iv found who does this regularly. Iv never tried this but I theorize it could create a very zen like state, as in very alert yet quite calm.