changing a job?

muzoon

Dec 5, 2005
Estonia
Visit site
hi coffee people,
i´am working in a small café chain as barista trainer and coffee roaster.
i have been offered a new job at another bigger company as barista trainer and coffee roaster.
my problem or question is what about ethics in coffee industry or in indutries where everybody knows everybody???
is it OK if one person leaves one company and goes to another, in proffessional sense... ???

Thanks in advance,

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
if you work for me no..but if you work for someone else yes :shock: just kidding...you have to do what is best for you in the long run. Get an offer and approach your present employer with it and see if they want you to stay...money talks. Check your non compete if you have one in your job agreement.
Good luck!

JavaJunkie

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
I'll offer you my two cents, for what it's worth. The best managers I've ever had (and I've had many) have always been the ones who didn't try to hold me back from progression. Instead, they were my cheerleaders and advocates. The managers that tried to hold me back for their own selfish reasons couldn't keep an employee working for them for more than 6 months. No one likes to lose a good employee, but it's a fact of life in the general business world (coffee and non-coffee). If this is a promotion for you and it will make you happy, you have to go for it. This is your life, you only get one chance, you have to take it when it presents itself.