Charlotte NC Coffee Shop

BroncoJohn

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good coffee shop in Charlotte, NC.. I have lived here for going on 15 years. Years ago (10-15) I frequented many coffeee shops like; the Seven Seeds, and another one but I forgot the name.

Does anyone have a recommendation... I am looking for a hangout; not StarBucks, which has Poetry Nite, Open Mic, Open late, and especially good coffee.

Thanks
BroncoJohn

vatexllc

Jan 5, 2007
Visit site
coffee shop in your area

not sure if you are willing to drive over to Greensboro, but know a great dude who has done coffee forever...just opened a shop there...Daily Grind
Adams Farm Shopping Center
5710 High Point Road
Greensboro, NC 27407

ask for Mick...tell him one of his old DG buddies in Texas sent ya.

CafeBlue

Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
Visit site
If you feel like a drive to Durham (I don't know how far away that is from Durham), then I recommend Counter Culture for some of the best coffee you'll ever drink! Their website is counterculturecoffee.com.

Try delocator.net, just type in your zip code and you will find a list of local independant cafes. Sometimes even have amateur reviews attached. It is not Zagat's ratings, but I use it to some success when travelling.

ElPugDiablo

Counter Culture is a wholesale and e-commerce coffee roaster, their roasting facility is in Durham, and they do have a training center in Charlotte, but neither is a coffeehouse.

Counter Culture Coffee
Regional Training Center
1435 West Morehead Street
Charlotte, NC 28208
(704) 370.7758