Cheapest, bulk beans available?

adias.angel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
My husband LOVES his coffee. So much so that we are using coffee as part of a decor for a party.

I am trying to find the cheapest coffee beans I can to use as part of the decoration. No one will be making coffee from them so it can be the most vile swill around. Any thoughts on how/where I can get my hands on some beans like this?

Thanks!! Carla =)

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I'd visit/call local coffeeshops and ask if they have beans that have gone beyond their point of usefulness. Maybe they will sell them dirt cheap as it's better to make a few dollars per lb. than to toss them away for nothing.

wdrk7

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Buy straight from the farmer . Pm me with your quantity and i will qoute you the cheapest price from my farm in thailand .

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Assuming you're looking for roasted beans and not green beans, I agree with Shadow when he says your best option would be to visit a local roaster and ask about buying some expired coffee beans.

Or you could go to your local supermarket and see if their beans are near the expiration, and then ask the manager for a special price. (like they do with over ripe bananas)

Rose