Cheers from Stine

Stine

Jun 6, 2019
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Hello everyone :coffee:

I am new to this community and relatively new to the world of coffee brewing.
In the past few months I started to research and practice different brewing methods and coffee blends.

The journey began while I was water fasting for 14 days (with the exception of a cup of black coffee in the morning, and it HAD to be good).
I threw my Hamilton Beach drip machine in the garbage, and got a Chemex. The manual process of brewing coffee and being in control of many variables was a game changer for me.
Soon I upgraded to a gooseneck kettle, a manual portable grinder, fresh beans from a local roaster (JJ Bean) and it has been a downward spiral since then...

Overtime I collected a Vietnamese Coffee Maker, a French Press, an Italian Moka Pot (a Beautiful Bialetti 6 Cup 150th Edition), an Aeropress, a Vacuum Coffee Maker...

I was born and raised in Italy, so coffee for me meant Espresso only, but approaching different extractions and level of strength was quite interesting.
However I needed to get into the espresso game (it seemed fair :coffeecup:) and I wanted to keep everything as manual as possible...
so my choice fell on the ROK Presso (that I later upgraded to the Glass-Composite brewing piston) and the Rok Coffee Grinder.
Getting a hold on all of the variables involved with manual espresso brewing was quite something, but after endless practice I am getting to the consistency I was looking for.

At this point I was quite satisfied, but then I found a good deal on a Semi-automatic Single Boiler E61 Group (Fiorenzato Colombina) and I couldn't resist.

So right now I am in the process of dialing in, and understanding how to control variables and reach the consistency I want.
Needless to say, I need to learn much more, and hopefully I'll find the support needed right here. ;)

P.S. I wanted to include some pictures, but couldn't figure out how...

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Stine,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

Thanks for writing such a detailed introduction. Considering that you say that you're new to coffee brewing, it appears that you have done a lot of exploring in a short amount of time.

Feel free to post any questions that you may have, and participate in the Forum discussions when you're ready.

~ Rose