Chocolate Latte?

777cory777

Jul 18, 2006
B.C., Canada
Visit site
I don't know if anyones tried this, but just out of curiousity, has anyone tried to make a latte with chocolate milk? Would it foam well? I couldn't try it myself because I don't get my new espresso machine for a while. If any one has tried it, let me know how it tastes! Hopefully as good as it sounds :lol:

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
chocolatte

Used to do this at some of my stands on campus when I would foret to order chocolate. Its pretty damn good and froths just as well as whole milk. If you run a shop and are going to do this make sure you tell your customers because if they add sugar it will be too sweet to drink. You'll also be spending ALOT of money on chocolate milk.

Comfy Place

Jul 15, 2006
Bloomer, Wisconsin
Visit site
No such thing as a chocolate latte??!! Oh my gosh! And here I thought that's what I was making.....

I keep searching for the "mocha" flavor, but I can't seem to find it. Help! All I have is chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, ......

Okay, so I'm just fooling around. Call it a chocolate latte if you like, or call it a mocha latte if you prefer. They are the same thing, just using a different word that means the same thing. I would think that steaming chocolate milk and putting that into a chocolate latte would really be a chocolate lovers dream....

Cheers!

The Recipes from coffeegeek.com

These are the faves. I don't have to tell you that there are many more "milk based coffee drinks" out there, but we'll work with the standards.
Click for larger image
Latte
Just a big bowl of hot milk, with a lil' bit of coffee to flavour.

Latte: This is a wildly popular drink in North America. Large quantity of milk, small quantity of coffee. Something the Italians might serve to their children.

It is a great introductory drink, the coffee is softened almost to the point of non-existence and it is topped by just a whisper of foam. Very approachable, perfect for non-coffee drinkers and and the warm milk crowd.

Café au Lait: The French version of a latte. Big and Milky. Something to dip your croissant in, to linger over or to wake up with. It is made with steamed milk and double strength, dark roast coffee in a 50:50 ratio. 50% steamed milk, 50% coffee. Foam is generally not a feature of this drink but I won’t tell if you don’t tell. Float a little foam on top if you want.

Typically served in a large bowl or anything that you can wrap your hands around in a loving embrace. Espresso is not a feature of this drink and so it could also be called a Poor Mans latte. Easily and inexpensively made with only a few simple instruments. See the Steaming Milk for Newbies section for more details.
Click for larger image
Mocha
Lots of chocolate, llots of milk, ots of whipped cream, little bit of coffee.

Mocha: Considered by many to be the gateway drink of the espresso world. A lot of people get hooked and stay hooked on these things. Ya got your chocolate, ya got your sugar, ya got your fat, and did I say you got your chocolate?

You make a mocha with quality chocolate syrup (think Guitard or Godiva, not Nestle Quick), coating the bottom of your cup. Use about an ounce worth of sauce for a 12oz drink, plus or minus to taste. Brew the shots of espresso on top, give it a quick stir, add steamed, lightly foamed milk on top of that and then the coup de grace is a generous pile of whipped cream to finish your arteries off…I mean your Mocha.

Use the same amount of coffee as you would for a latte. If you’ve got a steamwand that can really move the milk add the chocolate sauce to the milk before steaming so that the two mix a little more thoroughly. Some have been known to skip the chocolate sauce and just steam chocolate milk with good results. Nothing beats some really fine chocolate.

I don’t drink these because I wouldn’t want to seem weak or anything and I’m afraid I might like them.