chocolate powder for dusting cappucinos

feronni

Feb 14, 2005
UK
Visit site
What does everyone use for this. In the UK I have found that the ones you can buy either from the supermarket of from coffee suppliers such as Whittards seem to have a lot of sugar mixed in with them which seems to start killing the froth on contact with it. The closest I have found to the dusting that you would get in Costa Coffe and similar seems to be the Nestle Chocco Topping that comes with their horrid Insatnt Cappucino Sachets but its only a tiny little tube and I'm buying it and throwing away the instant sachets. Is their a recipe for making your own from cocoa powder? Thanks :)

Polemarhi

Jan 25, 2005
Crete and UK
Visit site
Hi feroni
Try an ordinary unsweetened 100% cocoa powder,such as cadbury's,available from most supermarkets.
Sometimes I like my cappas sprinkled with a touch of cinnamon,the aroma is yummy.

Hmm, on my sid I sl abo 1% of my drinks as cappy, and you know it never occured to me to offer anything on somthing that I feel is a basic "classic" drink..kinda a cappy purist I guess. when my customers request a cappy, the get questiond: DO you know what a cappy is? do you wat it wet or dry, ( I always say cappucino /not cappy) , usually I don't ask what kind of milk, afterall whole is the best. and normally of that 1% I don't get .1% that order a 16 or 20 oz. Geeze what about asking if they would like a flavor :wink:
A hazelnut cappy, that sounds great. Thank for getting me thinking this AM. Take care ya'll and CIAO
Tj