Cleaning cooling trays...

bwcoffee

Jun 14, 2005
Visit site
Are there any good techniques and/or tools that would make it easier to clear the holes in the cooling trays? The current method is to poke all of the holes clean...but that is quite tedious!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
pull the screen and get a good sturdy brush....I am going to try a pressure washer next time....You are right though sitting there poking holes is not fun :cry:

AWC

Jun 15, 2005
Visit site
if you've got a brush with good stiff non metalic bristles you can unjam many square inches at a stab. if you do this after aver few batches it prevents buildup from happening that takes the tedious cleaning methods to remove.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I generally take off the grill and heat up a little with a hand-held torch, to loosen up some of the build up, then scrape off. Next I spray an ample amount of some non-toxic cleaner like "Simply Green" and let soak for a little bit. Then get like a BBQ grill brush & brush off any remains, then wipe down. I know it sounds like a lot, but it keeps the air flow running more efficient. Then when I do my maintenance cleaning, everything goes faster... :lol: