Cofee degrades muscles!!! Take a POLL.

Describe how strong you are depending on how much coffee you drink

• I am a guy, 3 or more cups of coffee a day, no muscles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a guy, 3 or more cups of coffee a day, standard muscles

• I am a guy, 3 or more cups of coffee a day, bulging muscles

• I am a chick, 3 or more cups of coffee a day, I can barely walk up a flight of stairs

• I am a chick, 3 or more cups of coffee a day, standard strength

• I am a chick, 3 or more cups of coffee a day, I compete in athletic womens sports

• Total voters

|max|

Jan 15, 2007
Visit site
I heard that coffee degrades muscles or something, but I havent found a really formal study, only coffee-haters' articles, that "coffee uses unexisting energy, and when the body goes back to make up for that, it breaks up a little fat, and drastically breaks up muscles"

SO, PLEASE VOTE ON THE POLL, so I can see if this is even remotely true, but please don't lie, so this poll has some point in it.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
never heard that...I am no body builder but I am in pretty good shape...drink pots and pots of coffee a day and lift 132-154 lbs bags all day 8)

ElPugDiablo

|max| said:
I heard that coffee degrades muscles or something, but I havent found a really formal study, only coffee-haters' articles, that "coffee uses unexisting energy, and when the body goes back to make up for that, it breaks up a little fat, and drastically breaks up muscles"

SO, PLEASE VOTE ON THE POLL, so I can see if this is even remotely true, but please don't lie, so this poll has some point in it.

Maybe we should sell coffee as the next weight lost fad. Just think the low carb guy made millions before he died of a heart attack. LOL

demetri

Jul 18, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Visit site
I drink tons of coffee and placed 5th at the Canadian National Bodybuilding Competition back in 2003. Coffee never hurt my performance (or helped it come to think of it).

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
im a full blown coffee addict.

i have recently started a diet (hate every second of it) and part of the diet was that i had to change my usual habbit of drinking pots and pots of coffee to 3 cups of decaff a day.
now, as lotsa caffienne junkies would have guessd, i suffered from very severe headaches during the first week.
now, it could have been becuase of the headaches, but i just felt like i had no strenght when i had to some basic tasks.
i dont smoke, and im not the size of a caravan, and im fairly active at the best of times. i do my own roasting, so when it comes to dragging large quantities of coffee from one place to another ive always been fairly capable.
over the past weekend i decided to cheat a bit, so i had a couple of espressos with a mate and surprisingly i felt alot better. this could be a mind over matter thing.

im not saying that coffee does affect your muscles, and i wont say it doesnt, but what im sure of is that i feel like a can perform better with my daily fix.

hope you get the results your looking for in this pole.

mrgnomer

Jan 22, 2006
Canada
Visit site
I read somewhere that the taste and affect of coffee makes it easy to suppose that coffee is bad for you in some way. Ironically, the studies I've read focussing on coffee and coffee consumption find that the benefits of coffee overshadow any negative affects. Whether the studies are biased or not is hard to tell for me, a layperson, but the conclusions favour coffee. I work in construction and besides a thermos of coffee a day I enjoy atleast 2-4 double espressos. Muscle mass unaffected.

mpkelley20

Sep 24, 2004
Visit site
I've never heard of coffee affecting muscles. If anything, Ive read quite a bit about how coffee can be a good thing for people who excercise as the caffeine delvers a bit of a rush and can help increase or maintain metabolism. In fact, most of those diet pill that are being pawned on the markets nowadays contain caffeine as one of their main ingredients because ephedrines (spelling??) are illegal.

I drink about 4 or 5 cups a day and have never seen any impact on my muscle size. If anything, my muscles are affected when I don't drink coffee because I am usually flat out on the couch doing nothing without that caffeine rush.