Coffee alternative?

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello Lauris,

How much coffee did you use to have in a day? :roll: One cup of coffee in the morning is sufficient. Anyways, I guess, one day you'll return and visit this thread. Four coffee alternatives which may interest you -

1. Postum
2. Pero
3. Herbal tea
4. Hot chocolate

BlueMoods

Feb 1, 2014
USA
Visit site
Well, you could use what my daughter uses, she is also caffine sensitive and, it does make her nauseated. She takes guarana tablets (2 of them) with a cup of Postum ( a grain beverage that tastes somewhat similar to coffee.)

stephen12

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know that taste of the Green Tea, but I really appreciate your post. I'm not good in drinking coffee, because when I drink some coffee, i have a stomach ache. Hoping that Green Tea will help me. Thanks

Last edited:

addictedtocoffee

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I don't think there are many REAL coffee alternatives out there. At least not good ones lol
Chicory and the like taste .... funny. Green teas .... is not an alternative to coffee! It is a nice hot beverage but it does not taste like coffee, smell like coffee and surely does not look like coffee!

My question to you is why not try drinking coffee in moderation? Drink one proper cup of coffee say in the morning. Later on during the day try mixing proper coffee with a bland coffee alternative. That way you will get the best of both worlds mild coffee taste and aroma, without the caffeine and the "addiction" that comes with it!
Alternatively the best substitute for coffee that I know is coffee made from the seeds of the date palm. Try doing some searching on Google: "date seed coffee alternative".
Apparently it is healthy, acid free, caffeine free etc, etc, but the truth it just tastes like a proper cup of coffee :)

If it is teas you are after, try some strongly roasted Oolong teas from your local tea shop.

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Well, you could use what my daughter uses, she is also caffine sensitive and, it does make her nauseated. She takes guarana tablets (2 of them) with a cup of Postum ( a grain beverage that tastes somewhat similar to coffee.)

Isn't that a bit self defeating? Guarana is high in caffeine. In fact it has a higher percentage of caffeine per weight than coffee! :decaf:
Guarana

Len

thelivinglegend77

Dec 27, 2015
Los Angeles
Visit site
I'd definitely go the Green Tea route. I love Green Tea and drink it pretty much everyday. I usually opt for organic tea. I've tried other types of tea as well but I'm always drawn back to Green Tea. Add either add sugar or honey to it to sweeten it up.

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
There are many alternatives to coffee. But people don't know that these items actually exist. So I want to share an article in which you will come to know about the alternative beverages. Hope you will find it informative. :coffee:

GustavoWoltmann

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Well, I agree to everyone that green tea is a great alternative. I have a friend who lived in Santa Catalina Panama that don't drink coffee whenever he drinks it he said his stomach rumbles and became very bloated. Now he drinks Green tea and he said there's no problem with his stomach when he drinks it.
Regards,
Gustavo Woltmann
__
“I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later; publishers would publish anything that had my name on it.”
- George Bernard Shaw

BGrubb

Nov 16, 2016
Irvine, CA
Visit site
Not to sound crass, but can you just go to bed a little earlier? Most people will acclimate to an earlier morning in just a couple of days. Hate to see you start drinking coffee or other caffeinated drink every day just so you can get up. I find that caffeine doesn't always produce the best kind of awareness. When I have too much I feel more jittery than alert.

This isn't to say that most of us don't like to have a cup of coffee to help jump start our day, but it sounds like you are leaning too heavily on caffeine to get you going when more sleep might be the better answer.