Coffee Bag Label Printers

smitrock63

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking for ideas for a label printer so I can place; say, 4" round labels on the 5 lb coffee bags I sell. Currently using a local printer, but I think I can do better if I print my own. Ideas? Suggestions?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
We bought a Primera LX3000 about 6 months ago. It's pretty badass. I use it for white-label business.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I've been running a Primera LX 2000 for 7 years... the driver is a bit flaky with Mac but nothing significant. I print all of my labels on-demand with the roast date which is nice. I also use it for white box customers / specials labels / etc.

smitrock63

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
We bought a Primera LX3000 about 6 months ago. It's pretty badass. I use it for white-label business.
Looks like a very nice printer.... but; I'm not prepared to spend that much. Is there one you know of that won't break my very small bank!?

smitrock63

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
What is your budget? What is your printing volume?
Well that is a good question! I don't know is the answer!! I would assume from the beginning (that is where I am... the beginning in this area and this line of coffee) I will sell very little. I am hoping that within a year I'm selling 500 lbs a month (more or less) - only a guess. I was hoping to get a printer for $500.00 or less.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Well that is a good question! I don't know is the answer!! I would assume from the beginning (that is where I am... the beginning in this area and this line of coffee) I will sell very little. I am hoping that within a year I'm selling 500 lbs a month (more or less) - only a guess. I was hoping to get a printer for $500.00 or less.

Honestly, if that is the case, I would stick with a local printer. I've seen a few people use standard ink jets w/ stock avery labels... not a big fan but it depends on the logo/looks. When you move up into a dedicated label printer, you typically get into pigment-based inks which are essentially waterproof if you get PLA labels. I use that since people always have coffee/water in a similar storage area. I want my brand to look good in all conditions.

smitrock63

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, if that is the case, I would stick with a local printer. I've seen a few people use standard ink jets w/ stock avery labels... not a big fan but it depends on the logo/looks. When you move up into a dedicated label printer, you typically get into pigment-based inks which are essentially waterproof if you get PLA labels. I use that since people always have coffee/water in a similar storage area. I want my brand to look good in all conditions.
Nice; and thank you for your response. May I ask how many pounds you sell a month, or, maybe the question is at what point in sales would you think a $4000.00 printer is a good financial choice?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Boy... that's a bit of a loaded question. Economically for me, it made no sense at first... it still may not if your purely looking at printing costs. I bought mine seven years ago... only one repair (head), which was $300ish. When I purchased mine, I think it was about .15 cents per label cheaper to print myself. Breakeven = 3000 / .15 = 20000 labels.

smitrock63

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Boy... that's a bit of a loaded question. Economically for me, it made no sense at first... it still may not if your purely looking at printing costs. I bought mine seven years ago... only one repair (head), which was $300ish. When I purchased mine, I think it was about .15 cents per label cheaper to print myself. Breakeven = 3000 / .15 = 20000 labels.
Thank you.

If you're seeking ideas for a coffee label printer to adorn your 5 lb coffee bags with 4" round labels, the possibilities are endless! Investing in your own coffee label printer can offer more control and efficiency. Look for printers with high-resolution capabilities and label customization options to showcase your unique brand. Click on this https://tcsdigitalsolutions.com/coffee-label-printers/ to Consider models like the Primera, Afinia, and Epson Label Printers for exceptional results.