coffee beans from an animal's bottom?!!

jokerman

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Feeding a Luwak bourbon. That would be interesting. What could one call such a place that did that? "Drunkin Luwak Farm? "

Think of the danger. Trying to tend to hung over Luwak's. Think I'll just stick to simple Boubon Coffee :D

I know this might be off subject, but since you were telling me that Indonesia does not typically produce nuttier tastes, then what would you suggest?

SFG75

Dec 29, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
$160.00 is awfully steep for me. If we got enough people to split the cost so that everyone could get a pound of the stuff and it would cost each person $10.00 or $20.00, I'd love to do a split.

Anyone interested? If so, post or PM and let's talk.

Indcoup said:
if Legendee is that cheap, I think I'm gonna try it...

You will not be sorry, it has a definite chocolate taste and a velvety texture when made in the traditional fashion. When you buy it make sure you get a vietnamese coffee filter as well so that it can be made traditionally.

Here is a link to the method...

http://www.coffeebreakgourmet.com/uploaded/vietcoffee.pdf

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I believe that only a small percentage that is sold is actually real. I just roasted up a batch for a local brewery and it tasted of straight mushroom. I personally am not a fan of earthy coffee. I like bright and clean.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I believe that only a small percentage that is sold is actually real. I just roasted up a batch for a local brewery and it tasted of straight mushroom. I personally am not a fan of earthy coffee. I like bright and clean.

Similar experience... had it at SCA... dirty and mushroomy... not a fan (ethically or the taste)

211bma

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I would personally avoid this coffee, most commonly now, if you can get your hands on actual civet coffee, the animals are often kept in cages and not really treated well.