COFFEE BEANS - Newbie (Looking to change tastebuds)

newbietocoffee

Oct 2, 2021
london
Visit site
Ive been sipping coffee all my life; the ones you buy in your normal high street shops. I want a change now. I want to see if there are other coffee/coffee beans out there that has a better taste etc etc

All advices and recommendations would be great from you esteemed coffee snobs/connoisseurs in here!!

As well as what coffee grinding machines do you use?

Thanks again

S

SmallFry

The most eye-opening coffee experience for me was my introduction to Ethiopian coffees. I've since added some Kenyan and Tanzanian varieties to my mix.

A couple that shouldn't be too hard to find:
Ethiopia: Yirgacheffe Konga
Tanzania: Kilimanjaro

These coffees have fruity and floral notes that are surprising at first. I brew them V60 style, but I'm told they also make wonderful espresso.

Whatever your preference for adding milk and sugar to your coffee, hold off until you've tasted them. Likewise, don't drink them scalding hot -- the flavours are more apparent after they've cooled off a bit.

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Ive been sipping coffee all my life; the ones you buy in your normal high street shops. I want a change now. I want to see if there are other coffee/coffee beans out there that has a better taste etc etc

All advices and recommendations would be great from you esteemed coffee snobs/connoisseurs in here!!

As well as what coffee grinding machines do you use?

Thanks again
Listen to @Musicphan he knows what he’s doing and trust me his beans are insanely deliciously. One I still want because of the insane flavor profile I got was the Antigua and I mean damn that was a good bean with a nice fruity flavor profile. I have never experienced that with a Guatemalan bean. Mike is your guy and so is @topher topher’s beans where Insanely delicious too. His Burundi had to be my fav that he sent me and the bloom was just nice to see and very fresh coffee too!

okbutfirstcoffee

Apr 7, 2022
United States
Visit site
Hi. So, if you wish to try some new flavors, visit our web store. I'd like to recommend our coffee products such as Mornin' Kick, Midday Stroll, and Chill Thirty. The first pack contains beans from Colombia, the second from Central-South America, and the third from Brazil. All of them are single-origin and artisan crafted. In case you want more information on coffee beans to make an informed decision, visit our Coffee 101 page!

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Listen to @Musicphan he knows what he’s doing and trust me his beans are insanely deliciously. One I still want because of the insane flavor profile I got was the Antigua and I mean damn that was a good bean with a nice fruity flavor profile. I have never experienced that with a Guatemalan bean. Mike is your guy and so is @topher topher’s beans where Insanely delicious too. His Burundi had to be my fav that he sent me and the bloom was just nice to see and very fresh coffee too!

Thanks! I have a new Bolivian coffee that is worth trying... its been 5 years since Ive found one good enough to carry. Nice mellow, smooth coffee. It won't last 30-45 days - only 1 sack.

Birdman

Nov 22, 2022
Maryland
Visit site
I would say try as many coffees from different origins as you can. We all have our preferences, and not all coffees no matter how good are liked by everyone. Try to get a feel for what's out there, and there's a lot out there. It may take time, but you may find quite a few that you really like. FWIW, my current favorites are from Uganda and Flores. To each his/her own.

Last edited: