Coffee Cup Dripping Problems

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Is it just me or does everyone else have the coffee dripping from the lid problem? Everytime I drink my coffee, it somehow leaks out from the lid and starts dripping onto my shirt! :x
At first I thought it was a defected cup, then I thought it was the cups/lids from that particular coffee shop, then I thought it was the way I was holding it but after countless leakings and countless stained shirts I've come to the conclusion that coffee cup lids are poorly designed.

freshroast

Feb 7, 2006
Gig Harbor, WA
Visit site
I would agree the lids are not the best and I have as well be dripped on. I keep a coffee cup in my car and I transfer coffee from the paper cup to my cup which don't drip and it keeps the coffee hotter longer which is usually not a problem because I drink the coffee before it even gets close to getting cold :)

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hey Freshroast,
I graduated from UT-Austin and now I live in Dallas. NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY, FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, and hopefully BASKETBALL!!! HOOK 'EM! Do you live in Texas?

P.S. On a more coffee related topic...if you ever get a chance to go to austin, check out a place called Mozarts!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
make sure that the hole on the lid is not lined up with the seam of the cup...it will cause dripping...I have never done this but I have heard of baristas doing this to customers on purpose :shock:

freshroast

Feb 7, 2006
Gig Harbor, WA
Visit site
What to the customers they don't like - lining the hole up with the cup seam? LOL If that is the case than in every industry their are people that will do something stupid to customers they don't like. Thing is I deal with some of those customers not happily but with a smile and can't wait till the next customer that I will enjoy much more...stressful at times with certain realllllllllly picky customers but they are out there and I just bear it with a smile and move on the best I can :)

freshroast

Feb 7, 2006
Gig Harbor, WA
Visit site
cuppED said:
Hey Freshroast,
I graduated from UT-Austin and now I live in Dallas. NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY, FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, and hopefully BASKETBALL!!! HOOK 'EM! Do you live in Texas?

P.S. On a more coffee related topic...if you ever get a chance to go to austin, check out a place called Mozarts!

cuppED, No I don't live in Texas but have been there many times and love AUSTIN, TX!! I dated a girl that was from Texas and we went back to visit her stopping grounds, as it were, and her parents that live in Salado, TX