Coffee Delivery????

MontanaMama

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I bought an existing drive thru business. The previous owner somehow did deliveries everyday throughout the day. It's now expected of me to do the same. I don't want to do it. Whats the best thing to say to get people to stop just expecting this of me without chasing them away?

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey M.M.:

I guess you must first ask yourself, "Is it worth it to keep those customers?" I mean does it generate a large amount to your till? If not, then explain to the customers that your liability insurance may not cover employees taking coffee (or whatever) off site to their locations. How long have you owned this business since the previous owners left? If it has been only a short time, then you should be able to make the change without ruffling too many feathers. However, if it has been 6 months or more, then it may be harder to change. But in either case, it's your business and you have to right to set policy. Good luck. :wink:

MontanaMama

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Coffee Guy said:
Hey M.M.:

I guess you must first ask yourself, "Is it worth it to keep those customers?" I mean does it generate a large amount to your till? If not, then explain to the customers that your liability insurance may not cover employees taking coffee (or whatever) off site to their locations. How long have you owned this business since the previous owners left? If it has been only a short time, then you should be able to make the change without ruffling too many feathers. However, if it has been 6 months or more, then it may be harder to change. But in either case, it's your business and you have to right to set policy. Good luck. :wink:

Liability insurance.....ahhhh......yep, I'll probably be using that one. :-D

I've owned it for a month now and I've not been asked to do a delivery for anyone yet except for these people.

Thanx for the advice!