Coffee freshness, tips on how to store gourmet coffee...

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Re: Free shipping at Good Scents Gourmet Coffee

well rose the order was shipped maybe 2 days ago so your friend is either going to receive it today or very soon,

thank you for you patience
:)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site

Hey Jarafinc,

The coffee arrived today. However, the order was for whole beans and they were ground!

Needless to say, my friend is extremely upset now! I'm sure he'll be contacting you directly.

I really hope you get your "major business difficulties" straightened out soon!

Rose

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site

Hey Jarafinc,

Take a look for yourself. Your website is very misleading, especially since you call your web site CoffeeBeans4U. You are leading the average person to believe that they're ordering whole beans.

I did a "test" order (which I immediately deleted) and saw for myself.
On the page where you add an item to the cart, it doesn't give you any option or drop-down box to select whole beans or ground.

Then, when I looked at the order in the cart, I saw these words and a list of things to do.

Review your order below of Coffee Beans
To change the quantity of coffee beans enter a new number in the Qty. box and click Update.

Notice the words COFFEE BEANS?

I wonder how many other people got a disappointing surprise when their coffee order arrived as ground instead of whole roasted beans.

I hope you're going to re-do all of the whole bean coffee orders that you sent ground up!

Rose

Crazy4Coffee

Jan 27, 2007
Visit site

Jarafinc said:
I am a legitimate small business owner and would appreciate it if we could be professional in such a great opportunity to spread our business as this forum thanks
jarafinc

Jarafinc, The nightmare that PinkRose's friend has experienced from ordering from your company indicates to me that you and your "legitimate" small business are anything but professional.

Coffeeforums is a "great opportunity to spread... business". However, the only thing you seem to have spread around here is manure.

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site

I am sorry to hear that you feel that way, but the problem is that I have not had a problem with this at all from any of my customers except your friend although I am correcting this mistake, if that is what you want to call it; immediately. My endeavors is as always customer service and so I have already talked to your friend and am immediately sending them the shipment over as whole beans for free, but most of the time customers just ask me and request whole bean orders, if I don't offer this option then you cant assume that you will receive it, even though i will add this option to my site, I really don't have to defend my company and its professionalism as my customers will definitely vouch for me, But I will question your friends and possibly yourself as far as your professionalism is concerned, the original order was shipped to the wrong address and I immediately apologized and resent the order am sending them a new order for free, but this problem with the whole bean issue is petty and immature and very unprofessional normally i receive an email asking for their shipment to be shipped whole bean, but like i said i will add this option on my site.

thank your for your input
and i hope anyone reading this will understand exactly what is happening in this situation

No refund was ever requested and I always give the offer to the customers...
thank you

Good Scents Gourmet Coffee

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site

Hey Jarafinc,

Maybe you should consider changing the name of your web site to "GoundCoffeer4U" Instead of "CoffeeBeans 4U"

Whole roasted beans are called coffee beans....once they're ground, they're no longer coffee beans-the coffee from that point on is called ground coffee (or ground coffee beans.)

Why would you think that a customer should E-mail you to tell you that they want whole beans when your web site clearly says beans???? Most customers wouldn't give it a second thought and would expect to get whole beans without having to take the extra step to request that they be whole.

I'm assuming you're going to fix your web site after this experience and give your customers the option to select whole bean or ground... right?

I'm not going to get into the discussion of professionalism here, but I think I would be less than profesional if I neglect to mention that the E-mail confirmation for my friend's original order also contained someone else's name, address and other personal information in addition to his order information. That was the first strong indicator that something was wrong with your operation, and it's probably why the order was shipped to the wrong address. I think you should review your privacy policy too.

One of the nice things about this forum is that we look out for each other. I believe that by sharing my experience, the other forum members will be more careful when ordering coffee on-line.

Rose

Crazy4Coffee

Jan 27, 2007
Visit site

Jarafinc said:
this problem with the whole bean issue is petty and immature and very unprofessional normally i receive an email asking for their shipment to be shipped whole bean, but like i said i will add this option

and i hope anyone reading this will understand exactly waht is happening in this situation

Any "Professional" roaster, first and foremost, sells whole beans. Some will grind an order as a courtesy.
Expecting a customer to make the request for whole beans via email is very unprofessional.
Not having the option to choose whole bean or ground on your order page is very unprofessional.
Taking orders from unsuspecting customers before you even know these things yourself is very unprofessional.

I am sure anyone reading your last post understands exactly what is happening in this situation -
That you are NOT a professional coffee roaster/retailer (although you try to play one on this forum).

Rather than post on here that you and your company are "Professional" you should just lurk around a bit. There are plenty of real "professional" roasters on this site. Ask them questions. Learn what being a professional roaster/retailer is all about. And then, and only then, present your website as that of professional coffee roaster/retailer.

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site

Once again i am sorry to hear that, but my customers beg to differ and I really have not had a problem with this and a sign of unprofessional ism is bringing others down and not helping them out, I believe what truly makes a professional business is one that is always expanding and always endeavoring to become better, I am not upset with you, but am appreciative for the comments for they only make my company expand make force me to become better, like I said I am currently adding these options to my site, I do have a very good customer rep ore and I believe that my ability to always accept criticism and comments and make myself better is what makes my company professional...

thank you very much
for your comments
:wink:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site

Hey Jarafinc,

It seems like it's a good time for you to take a step back and go over your web site with a "fine toothed comb" and look at it, and critique it as a potential customer would. You can start by correcting all of the spelling errors, fixing the order pages to clearly show if the customer is selecting whole bean or ground coffee, and making sure that your E-mail responses don't contain anyone else's personal information. Look at it as a customer would. Pay attention to details. Anticipate problems, and try to eliminate them before they happen.

By the way, my friend (who is a mild-mannered, extremely nice guy) thought that he had made the mistake, and he was just going to throw away the three pounds of ground coffee and write if off as a loss before I showed him that the problem was on your web site, and I nagged him to contact you. I understand that you contacted him today and offered to send him a new order of whole beans, which is certainly appreciated, but you still may have lost a very good customer who donates coffee to a non-profit organization on a regular basis.

You will be happy to know that I don't plan to hassle you about this anymore (unless something else goes wrong with my friend's replacement shipment.)

Rose

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site

I am glad that you are your friends mediator, but I think that she will be completely be satisfied. As far as the whole ground issue it has been taken care of...I would think and hope that people will not necessarily take what has happened as representing my company and try it for themselves, I know that this is not the case for everyone, but there are those who think that I have a great site and that the coffee is just as great.... :)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site

Hi James "Jarafinc"

You will be happy to know that my friend received the replacement order of whole coffee beans yesterday.

I'm curious. Your web site says that you're located in Washington State, but the coffee was shipped from 4085 Hancock Bridge Parkway in Fort Myers Florida. Is that were the coffee is roasted?

Rose

Crazy4Coffee

Jan 27, 2007
Visit site

PinkRose said:
I'm curious. Your web site says that you're located in Washington State, but the coffee was shipped from 4085 Hancock Bridge Parkway in Fort Myers Florida. Is that were the coffee is roasted?

Rose

Hi Rose,
As I suspected, he is not a professional coffee roaster. He's using a drop shipper. That's the address for the Coffee Locker - http://www.thecoffeelocker.com/dropshipping

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site

I am a dropshipper, but that does not mean that they are not professional coffee roasters and that they keep the highest of standards and that I do not keep the highest of professional standards. While I am not the imediate roaster I do represent them and they represent me even though we are 2 totally different companies, its kind of like Forzas here in washington is roasted by Dilanos...

I have been in the drop shipping business for quite a while and have searched quite a bit for a quality roaster and they are one the best I have seen..
:)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site

Hello "Crazy4Coffee"

Thanks for helping me solve the mystery! I tried to figure out the coffee connection and I was getting no-where. Thanks for your help.

My friend and I made coffee with the coffee beans that were shipped to him, and we both agreed that the Papua New Guinea was kinda burnt tasting; however, the Ethopian Harrar was actually pretty good.

In comparison, the original shipment of ground coffee was "decent" when we first opened the packages and made the coffee, but after a couple of days it was pretty bad. (Better than Folgers in the can, but still not very good).

It only shows that freshly-roasted whole beans are the best way to go!

Rose