Coffee from Thailand

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
The Coffee we Tasted from Thailand had a much smaller bean,
did not seem to have a heavy oily feel to it,

It is a Lighter Roast, and had a Real nice Fruity Citrus taste to it,

The Dark Roast is available also, but I will reserve comment until I Taste
some for myself, My Fault though, I grabbed the Light , and thought we had the Dark also,
but my brain fart, its still available regular and blend,
so I will be grabbing it next time.

Right Now , im in my dog Sled, and on my way to Lisa"s for her Black Label
Peaberry , Yikes how do I stop these dogs.

Rick.

lannacoffee

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thailand has a pretty big coffee scene. In downtown bangkok there are tons of coffee kiosks dotting public areas. Most of the coffee sold is grown in Thailand with robusta coming from the south and arabica from the northern region like chiangmai chiangrai.

The northern region has a strong coffee culture with mountain arabica coffee farmed by hilltribes loved by the locals. :)

janbaars

In the past 50 years the King of Thailand tried to help farmers in the rural areas to find other crops in stead of opium. Coffee proved its self a great alternative. At the moment many Thai and especially minority groups in the mountainous north are growing great Arabica beans. Often ecological.

gimapiero

Jul 23, 2011
Bangkok
Visit site
Actually the Thailand yearly coffee production is about 7000/8000 tons, Robusta are cultivated in central south Thailand and Arabica in the north of the Kingdom.
I confirm that Doi Chaang ( the company) produce a very good single origin arabica.
People from Doi Chaang are very nice persons and they even organize a Coffee Academy, I've been there a few years ago and has been a beautiful experience.

Allen1

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi mike ,.
Welcome here in this forum site i really appreciate your sharing about the right place where the coffee grows in the Thailand,.
thanks for the sharing,.

tor

Jul 22, 2011
Thailand
Visit site
The Doi Chaang company just one part of Doi Chaang Village. Doi Chaang village have many farmer who growing Arabica coffee.
Doi chaang village is a name of place in Chiang Rai province of Northern Thailand.
It's not only Doi Chaang company grow coffee.

bioyyy

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
*EBAY*CoffeeVeryGood Mashed Thailand Traditional Roasted Coffee Beans(Very Dark)

Great Arabica&Robusta coffee beans roast with original process. Acquired scented and good teste coffee. If you have been teste,you'll get a new experience from drinking coffee.

Corvuscoffee

Dec 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Visit site
Thailand is an emerging coffee player. They produce mainly Robusta, and I haven't found good Arabica from Thailand yet (yet). Whether they will expand as a coffee grower is less of a question than HOW they will expand. There is a lot of money to be made in Robusta coffee; Nestle, Kraft, and Sara Lee are still the biggest coffee roasters in the world, and Arabica gives lower yield with somewhat more work. I wouldn't spend much time looking for coffee from Thailand, if you would like coffee from that area in the world I strongly recommend Papua New Guinea. I have had several lots from A Goroka in stock for a while and it has been doing very well.

Best,
Phil

wdrk7

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
In thailand we grow arabica in the north and robusta in the south . It is the 4th biggest supplier of coffee in the asean region .

anugoon

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Coffe from Thailand

Yes. Thailand grow a fantastic coffee. Not in large scale yet. We are local distributor of coffee in Thailand in process of starting our export operation. Interested?