Coffee grower from Nicaragua

Saludos! I just joined this forum and hope to learn from others. This year is the first time I am importing coffee to the USA from our farm in Nicaragua. Although my family has been involved with coffee production for many generations, we have never directly tried to sell our coffee in the USA but rather sold it to co-ops.

Our coffee is shade-grown, hand-picked and grown at an altitude of 6,000 feet near Jinotega.

We imported 16,000 pounds of green beans to Portland, Or and would love to meet people interested in learning more about how we cultivate coffee in Nicaragua by hand, in a very traditional manner. I would also appreciate learning from others about coffee cultivation, export, import, roasting and marketing (especially marketing! :|).

Gracias!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "SandinoBrothersCoffee"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

You will find a lot of useful information here. Feel free to explore and participate in the discussions when you're ready.

Rose

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Do you also import roasted beans or just green? I am interested in importing roasted beans from central america. Thanks!

Sweetsharon, may I ask where you are located? Unless you are located in central america, there is no reason to import roasted coffee from there. Wouldn't it make more sense to find a roaster local to where you live, and get the coffee directly from them the same day it's roasted?

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
If you are from Nicaragua then you’re exporting coffee to the USA. You can be a great help for those who wish to import coffee from your country.