Coffee Industry Shows

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I was just talking about this yesterday with another roaster. I asked if he was attending the next SCA show. He was wavering between that show and the equipment show in Vegas. The Vegas show starts the day after the SCA. I told him the SCA show would be better. Its the first event they have had since covid. People are antsy to get out and vendors know it. I think the NOLA show at the end of October is going to be amazing! If you want to learn about the event here is the link https://coffeeexpo.org/ Everyone who sells anything coffee related will be there. The seminars are great as well. So much to learn for new people in the biz!

beansprout

Jul 20, 2021
Florida
Visit site
I was just talking about this yesterday with another roaster. I asked if he was attending the next SCA show. He was wavering between that show and the equipment show in Vegas. The Vegas show starts the day after the SCA. I told him the SCA show would be better. Its the first event they have had since covid. People are antsy to get out and vendors know it. I think the NOLA show at the end of October is going to be amazing! If you want to learn about the event here is the link https://coffeeexpo.org/ Everyone who sells anything coffee related will be there. The seminars are great as well. So much to learn for new people in the biz!
Thank you so much topher. We will attend New Orleans. We've wanted to visit New Orleans for some time. Poor timing for the Las Vegas show.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Mr peaberry. I'm glad you brought Coffee Fest up. I went to 2 of their shows. I was not impressed. It felt as if they were directing their focus on people just starting out. Is it still like that?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Mr peaberry. I'm glad you brought Coffee Fest up. I went to 2 of their shows. I was not impressed. It felt as if they were directing their focus on people just starting out. Is it still like that?
Coffeefest changed hands a few years ago (3-4) and seems to still be focused on retailers vs. roasters but has changed for the better IMO. The last time I went was Denver several years back. Coffee Fest is still pretty limited in size compared to SCA. If your a startup coffee shop = Coffee Fest, industry vet = SCA

beansprout

Jul 20, 2021
Florida
Visit site
Coffeefest changed hands a few years ago (3-4) and seems to still be focused on retailers vs. roasters but has changed for the better IMO. The last time I went was Denver several years back. Coffee Fest is still pretty limited in size compared to SCA. If your a startup coffee shop = Coffee Fest, industry vet = SCA
Thank you Musicphan! I'm starting out and I thought Coffee Fest was a great option for me. But...I will take advantage of an excuse to visit New Orleans as well.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have never been to Coffee Fest. I live just a few miles from Anaheim Convention Center so for me it is more curiosity than value for money spent. Not sure if the days will work for me though.