Coffee maker recommendations?

Masif

Jun 24, 2019
Munich
Visit site
I'm tired of my Keurig and want something else. Im willing to drop up to 300$. I know grinding your own grounds is the best so I was looking at machines that have Burr grinders built in. but these can't do expresso which would def be a plus. current ones I'm looking at:

Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
KRUPS Coffee Maker, Burr Coffee Grinder, 10 Cups, Black
Ninja Coffee Bar Auto-iQ Programmable Coffee Maker with 6 Brew Sizes, 5 Brew Options, Milk Frother, Removable Water Reservoir and Glass Carafe (CF09 32CF4)

what coffee makers do you guys have/recommend?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Breville seems to be the 'leader' in the bean to cup brewers (all-in-ones). I prefer a separate grinder vs all in ones simply so you have the flexibility and can use multiple brewers. My recommended solution would be a Baratza Encore or Virtuoso ($129/$199) and pair it with a Bonavita 1901 Brewer ($109).

Arli

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

Maybe you can try this KRUPS KM785D50 Grind and Brew Auto-start Coffee Maker. It has many features like 5 setting conical burr grinder, LCD screen display, customizeable strength and intensity, pause feature, programmable auto-start brew cycle, and many more. Currently, its now $136.17 at amazon.

Last edited:

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
Breville seems to be the 'leader' in the bean to cup brewers (all-in-ones). I prefer a separate grinder vs all in ones simply so you have the flexibility and can use multiple brewers. My recommended solution would be a Baratza Encore or Virtuoso ($129/$199) and pair it with a Bonavita 1901 Brewer ($109).
You could not get more bang for your buck and flexibility than this! To me it would be well worth the few extra dollars to get the Virtuoso grinder. YMMV as they say.

Denrael

Sep 27, 2020
Visit site
You could not get more bang for your buck and flexibility than this! To me it would be well worth the few extra dollars to get the Virtuoso grinder. YMMV as they say.

I have the Baratza Encore with a TV MM, but I would have to agree, for overall bang for the buck, the above is a solid choice. I too prefer the grinder as a separate device and believe you get a better quality grinder that way vs an all in one.

Ramiel

Jan 22, 2021
Melbourne
Visit site
Recently, my friends gifted me Braun KF7170SI BrewSense Drip Coffeemaker. I am very pleased with this model because it's a programmable coffee maker. This coffee maker is remembering my preferences and is adapting the caffeine intake. I've read that this device is one of the best programmable coffee makers. From my point of view, in 2021, having such a smart device can bring only pros. It's having an own and automatized cleaning system, that washes the entire coffee maker. Cleaning filters etc. It's a very nice feature!

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I have the Baratza Virtuoso and really like it. With any machine that is used regularly there will be times when repairs are needed. Mine had issues that turned out to be the motor. Baratza shipped me a new motor and I installed it with their help and ever since it works perfectly. I'm not all that handy when it comes to things like this so if I can do it, anyone can.

Rustlen

Dec 9, 2020
Cwmbran
Visit site
Recently, my friends gifted me Braun KF7170SI BrewSense Drip Coffeemaker. I am very pleased with this model because it's a programmable coffee maker. This coffee maker is remembering my preferences and is adapting the caffeine intake. I've read that this device is one of the best programmable coffee makers. From my point of view, in 2021, having such a smart device can bring only pros. It's having an own and automatized cleaning system, that washes the entire coffee maker. Cleaning filters etc. It's a very nice feature!

The programmable coffee makers are the best nowadays!