Coffee packaging

BeanBoy

Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
Hey all,

Im just starting a small roasting business in B.C. canada...
Im looking for a supplyer of sealable colored Foil 1lb coffee bags.

Also a supplyer of bags that the coffee can be ground into. (in the stores)
Preferably a company that can also add a small logo to the bags

Any help finding these would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
We just spent in the upwards of $40,000 to purchase the machinery to weigh, fill, pack and seal our coffee.

Bags are cheap!, getting the coffee into them isn't. If you are planning on doing it manually there are a number of companies that can provide you with what you need. Try "Pacific Bag" , a quick google search will bring them right up. I've used them in the past.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Pacificbag inc.
800-562-8151
Glenn Sacco is the sales manager(great guy)

Ppack plus converting
www.packplusconverting.com
909-902-9929

as in packaging equipment it all depends on what you want to do...how much you are going to put out...and what you want to spend. I have 2 ams weigh and fills....2 conveir belts that lead to 2 band sealers...they do the trick for what we do. but as liftoff said...it does get expensive.
Good luck,
Topher

Jahva

Jan 26, 2005
California
Visit site
foil bags

Have you tried looking on Ebay?? I found a great supplier on there and the bags are cheap! Foil, gussetted, gas valve, heat sealable- They ended up being like .25 cents a bag. Also you could get custom printed peal-n-stick labels to put on them.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Yeah, I gotta agree with Topher, Pacific Bag is the way to go. We've used them since we started 12 years ago. And Glenn is the man, I highly recommend him. They also have weigh and fill machines, and other related equipment...and as Topher says, equipment adds up fast and there is really no cheap way of getting around it especially if you're planning on doing any volume. But I'd say give them a shot :D

peter j

Nov 7, 2004
Ross on Wye, UK
Visit site
Coffee Bags

Do any of you roasters use any enviromentally friendly packaging. In Europe we just seem to have 2 options.
1) Foil with poly-laminate
2) Craft paper with wax lining.

The problem is that there is no "between". What can l use that can be recycled. At the moment by my reconing l will be composted (after being buried, hopefully) long before any of my coffee bags have de-graded.
:-D