Coffee Pro Coffee Machine

Coffeenut1

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I have a 12 Cup Automatic coffee maker and it takes about 4 mins to brew 4 cups (I only brew what I plan to drink).

However, at the end of the day, if there is still coffee in the coffee maker, I turn the machine off and 'reheat' it in the morning (I prefer to turn the unit off at night and I do not like to waste unused coffee).

When I do reheat it, it takes about 25 mins to reheat the same 4 cups.

Why does it take much longer to 'reheat' than it does to 'brew? Should I just leave the coffee maker on all the time until the coffee is finished since I do not want to waste any?

Thanks in Advance.'

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Coffee makers use a lo of energy. I bought a nice big thermos for $3 at Goodwill and now I just brew a pot at work, then turn off the machine. My thermos holds almost the full pot of coffee and keeps it hot all day long.

I'm not sure what you mean about it taking 25 minutes to reheat the same four cups of coffee. I assume you mean that you brewed four cups and didn't drink any of it. If you're like me and don't want to waste, reheat it on the stove top. Much quicker than the brewer's heat pad.

Leaving the coffee machine on too long will just cook down your coffee, eventually adding a burned syrupy taste and texture to your coffee.

Again, I'd suggest a thermos. Turn the machine off after brewing. Pour your coffee into a nice big thermos.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
When you pour water into your machine to actually brew you're activating the heating element that the water passes through which flash heats the water almost instantly. Switching it on the next day to reheat the coffee only activates the heat plate and it takes alot longer to get that brew back up to temp. Leaving coffee in the machine overnight isn't the best idea because the taste will suffer ALOT and this causes coffee oils to become baked onto parts and this will eventually cause lots of nasty smell/taste if not cleaned properly. Later!