Coffee Roasters and start up

javanut

Oct 26, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
Hi, Can anyone direct me to some coffee roasters that assist/consult with the start-up of a coffee shop? I am looking into some locations and would like some assistance with the designing aspect. Do they even do that? I was under the impression that some do. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks

tlowing

Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach, FL
Visit site
My wife and I are opening a coffee shop in Cocoa Beach, FL. A few weeks ago we visited Latitude 23.5 roasters in Sarasota, FL. They have already helped a lot of startups and were extremely helpful during our visit. We plan to, most likely, carry their coffee and roast a house blend.

http://www.latitudecoffee.com/READY.html

As an added bonus, Ambex isn't too far away. They give training on their roasters at their office in Clearwater, FL.

http://www.ambexroasters.com/pages/training.jsp

javanut said:
Hi, Can anyone direct me to some coffee roasters that assist/consult with the start-up of a coffee shop? I am looking into some locations and would like some assistance with the designing aspect. Do they even do that? I was under the impression that some do. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks

tlowing

Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach, FL
Visit site
Re: Coffee Roasters and Start up

About Latitude 23.5? It's basically a small business of folks who have been where you are (a short while ago they ran a few coffee shops too) and they really seem to care. Their coffee is good. They are growing pretty fast and you would be surprised with how many accounts they have. We walked away with a bunch of samples to try.

One thing that was funny was we were chatting with Debra and had she looked over our kitchen sketch. She started making all kinds of changes to improve the flow. A few minutes later Dimitry, the owner, was strolling down the hallway and stopped in, saw the sketch and gave almost the exact same suggestions.

Like I said, nice folks.

javanut said:
Thanks for the info. I love sarasota!! What do you like about them?