Coffee shop franchise: any suggestions? recommendations?

Cafe del Mar

Mar 16, 2004
EARTH
Visit site
I am planning to open a coffe shop in my country. I am looking for a franchise (not the usual). Appreciate your inputs and suggestions and recommendations.

Thanks, Cafe del Mar

wahidkarim

Feb 26, 2004
Visit site
start up

Hi
you interested in start up coffee bar? how about Coficabana, its kind of franchise but no start up fees, we will provide you the kit, consist of banners with menu and the coffee powder. no expensive machine require,What you have to do is to get constant hot water and cup. email me for further info.

[email protected]

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
wahidkarim...no offense...but the key word here is coffee shop not a powder shop....if you want to make it you must use the highest quality products!!

rbduha

Feb 20, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
The Coffee Beanery has extensive experience internationally. I would give them a call at 1-800-728-2326 or go their web site-coffeebeanery.com. I do not work for them, although I used to.

Cafe del Mar. Firstly where are you located (country)? What is the postioning of coffee as a beverage in your market at present? What are your goals and experience in food & beverage...particularly in the coffee industry? All important questions to ask. If you are in a mature market- where there is already a steady and rising consumption of coffee...and if you already have some of the big boys doing the leg work for you... why not come up with your own concept! Franchising is fine.. but with some solid research and love of coffee I do not see any reason why you can not carve out a good niche in your market with your own product.

Cafe del Mar

Mar 16, 2004
EARTH
Visit site
Cafe Del Mar

Hi to all,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate that.

In fact, the country where i live has all the major coffee franchises like Starbucks, Coffee bean and tea leaf, Second cup, etc...They all offer "fast coffee" kind of service with an ok ambiance. Most of them are own by big players in the market. So, i think the market is mature but coffee drinkers are not real connoisseur and not brand loyal. Opportunities exist as the country is growing fast and number of tourists is expected to raise.

To be honest, i do not have experience in the coffee business but work for a F&B company, so i think i could learn the tricks of the business if i get the right directions. That's why, i am more lean to get a franchise.

Having said that, i am aware that the game wont be easy but i believe in the market and i am confident i can make it.

Finally, i would say that i look forward to find the coffee shop that would make the difference (as a coffeeshop, drive thru, etc...). A place where people would come for the quality of the coffee, the atmospher, where you want to have a good chat with your collegues etc...

Your further inputs are greatly appreciated, thanks

Jimsvetz

Mar 27, 2004
Visit site
Do it yourself

There is no secret to it. serve all the same products but do it better than the chains. And creat an atmosphere that they do not have. Think of it as you Home.

Jim