Coffee Shop Hopping

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
A busy little town, Brattleboro is. It was a Sunday, so parking was free at their underground Main Street location. This coffee shop was just what I had hoped it would be. It is small, a little rugged, but as rich in service as in the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans.

I was greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable barista (cute too, but no matter). She answered all of my questions and explained to me the differences in levels of roast. She told me about first and second pop, full city roasts and so on. She invited me to visit their roastery down the street, but again it was Sunday, so they were closed.

Being new to the coffee world, I nervously asked for a mocha latte with a single shot of espresso. I should have ordered it with two shots, because it was more of a hot chocolate drink than a coffee drink to my dismay. I did get some nice latte art though. Not bad for $3 in all. I couldn't resist buying a spiffy little Mocha Joe's coffee mug ($17.95). :D

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Wow EPD, next time I plan a road trip, I'll have to invite you along so you can show me the hot spots. I didn't have time for site seeing though.

I also went to Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters during my trip. They let me scoop out 2 oz bags of beans. I helped myself to some of their yirgacheffe and Viennese.

They were too busy for a chat and I remember a coffee thermos over flowing, so I didn't bother them, just left my business card. I will call them back soon.