coffee shop inventory?

amy

Nov 20, 2005
Visit site
hi,
i am determined to have my own coffee shop and am researching right now. can anyone give me a realistic list of the neccessary equipment i will need (excluding perishables)? i need to keep costs down, so i want to start small and expand. what do i absolutely have to have and what can i get used?
thank you!!!!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Assuming your going to serve espresso. You will need and espresso machine, 2 grinders, coffee brewer, 2 bulk grinders (only 1 if you aren't going to grind flavored coffee), scale (one that does both ounces and pounds, grams would be nice too.), refrigerator, dishwasher or 3 tub sink, display cases (refrigerated or not), cash register. And the list goes on and on.

Just remember the number one reason coffeehouses fail is due to location. I have found the 2nd reason to be the initial investment was too great for the business to ever take on. Buying all new is nice but not necessary when it comes to all of your equipment. High risk items like your espresso machine in my opinion should be purchased new or used if rebuilt from a respectable service agent.

NordstromCoffee

Jan 22, 2005
Visit site
For baked goods I would use cuisine de france. They have a lot of products that you can freeze so it will keep down your waste. The yogurt loafs and muffins are pretty good.

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
list

3 bay sink
chrome shelving 3
dry bakery case use old wood case their cheap
used furniture
espresso machine
icemachine
coffee brewing equipment should be free from your coffee vender