Coffee syrup

landchas

Apr 14, 2003
Texas
Visit site
My mother used to have a coffee device that produced 'coffee syrup'. It used filters and 1lb of coffee, and made a coffee syrup that required only one teaspoon of syrup per cup of hot water for a fresh cup of coffee. Is anyone familiar with the device I'm talking about? If so, who makes it, and where can I find one?

Just Java

May 14, 2003
Hong Kong
Visit site
The cold water brewing method. No need to have a machine to do it. Grind some coffee (medium-coarse) and place in a jug. Add cold water, stir, cover and leave for 24 hours. Then drain it through a normal filter paper and store in fridge. I would start with 500g coffee (1lb) and 500ml (about a pint), then adjust to taste after that.
If you want to buy equipment however, try www.cafemaison.com/023.html
as they sell them.
Enjoy.

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
landchas, was the device on the site Just Java mentioned what you were looking for? Just Java thanks for the thoughts on the process. Personally I don't think I've ever tried this method or had any that I knew about :D

Is it good, better, bad, any take on it?

Mplsspyder

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
landchas I think I know what you mean and I have been searching myself. At some restaurants they don't brew coffee normally. I have been told they use a special coffee brewer and use a product called "belgian coffee oil" no grounds involved. Makes an incredible cup of coffee, no bitterness just smooth flavorful coffee. Black gold! Nectar of the gods! ok sorry got carried away. If I find anything I will post here.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
its concentrate...why drink that when you can have the fresh stuff? Sigh...give me convenience or give me death(Jello Biafra)

Princess Tedi Bear

Jan 26, 2004
Visit site
coffee syrup, a.k.a. "cold brew coffee"

I just registered & am new to this, but interested in Toddy cold brew method. Saw it in "Cuisine at Home" magazine, also on-line at www.cuisineathome.com (Feb. issue), gave it highest mark for good flavor. Apparently can only buy on-line, I'm checking e-bay. Interested in "at home" method without special Toddy equip. Anybody tried it?

bookimdano

Jan 30, 2005
Visit site
Re: coffee syrup, a.k.a. "cold brew coffee"

Princess Tedi Bear said:
Interested in "at home" method without special Toddy equip. Anybody tried it?

Didn't Just Java answer your question? Just scroll up a few inches.