Coffee Syrups

Kaitlyn C

Jul 29, 2008
LBI, NJ
Visit site
I am doing research on opening my own store in the future and I was wondering what some of your favorite brands of coffee syrup were. I''m familiar with 1883 and Torani. I''m leaning more towards Torani. Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

villagejoe

Mar 10, 2007
Visit site
I use Monin syrups and Ghirardelli Sauces. Monin seems like it has the most authentic tastes and people love the Ghirardelli chocolate, white chocolate, and caramel.

Kaitlyn C

Jul 29, 2008
LBI, NJ
Visit site
thanks everyone! keep up your thoughts :) i will have to try the non-fruit monin and the ghiardelli! sounds yummy! any ones you don't prefer?

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
i use davinci gourmet.
they also have a wide range of flavours available, and ive found that the public loves it.
i used monin at one stage, but the suppliers here in south africa arent up to standard...i reckon the davinci is the 2nd best around these parts. :wink:

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
Kaitlyn C said:
thanks everyone! keep up your thoughts :) i will have to try the non-fruit monin and the ghiardelli! sounds yummy! any ones you don't prefer?

The Hazelnut & Macadamia Nut flavors are amazing. I also use their vanilla, caramel, raspberry, dark chocolate, cherry, green apple & orange. Their fruit syrups make excellent Italian sodas. The Pumpkin Pie Spice makes a great cold weather latte.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Here's a question...

Can the syrups that are used to flavor coffee also be used for anything else, such as baking cookies or flavoring pastry fillings, etc?

Has anyone tried them for flavoring things other than coffee?

Rose

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
Along with making Italian Sodas I've used them in a few different recipes to add a bit more flavor. Its just sugar & concentrated natural flavors so no reason you can't use them as you chose.