Coffee Tasting Competition

Justo

Mar 31, 2004
Visit site
I'm new to the coffee world and was wondering where i could find information on upcoming coffee tasting competitions baritsta competions and the like.

I live in the pacific northwest area so any info about whats going on around seattle would be especially helpful.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Ta Da :) I have surfaced...Boy I've been quite busy this week. Had some great appointments and helped a few people. Next I'll be helping some elderly people cross at the street corner :grin:

In any case, Justo...believe it our not there are not many coffee tastings here in the great northwest unless you go to a local coffee house. There used to be a competition held by McCormick & Schmicks Seafood restaurants here in Seattle. I don't know if they still hold it or not. This used to be where they had a panel of judges that did blind taste tests of different coffees and ranked them best taste for whatever reason? Then these roasters would proclaim themselves the best of whatever, then put in their advertising, blah, blah, blah. We've been invited a number of times in the past but never participated. We prefer to hear what the real customers think. We normally like to fly under the radar when it comes to honest opinions from real customers.

Anyway, you might want to go online and find "Coffee Talk Magazine" they may have some information.