Coffee Tea-bags...

pshorey

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi...

I have this idea for making coffee tea bags... putting ground-coffee into empty one-cup tea bags. I do not mean instant coffee, but making coffee with real beans, like you would make tea, in one cup, by dipping in a bag with a string.

I am wondering if this is a worthy idea, and if anybody would buy such a thing (provided that coffee brewed this way tastes good and costs as much as a similar box of tea)?

There is a patent for this idea, but it's listed as 1988... so its probably expired by now?

Please help me out with your opinion. I'll also need people to test my product if I decide that this is a good idea to pursue. :D :wink:

Thanks!

paul - p s h o r e y (at) g m a i l . c o m

Zosia

Oct 25, 2013
Caribbeans
Visit site
I know it is very old thread, but I am wondering if anybody has a real experience with making coffee bags, which I think we can call sachets. I am looking for bags or paper supplier to experiment with fresh handcrafted coffee sachets. I will truly appreciate any input and advise. Cheers!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
we just recently made few coffee bag designs by our web/graphic designers.
we are Guatemala coffee farm/school/exporting company and we have a graphic designer who can design coffee related products.
they are in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, but this sort of things, everything can be done via emails and skype..etc
also, they specialize in coffee related web / designs, so it might be easier for you to use them.
and the cost will be much economical then USA designers.
if interested, just let me know. i will introduce them to you.
thanks

Zosia

Oct 25, 2013
Caribbeans
Visit site
It will depend on how fresh coffee will be used, of course quality of coffee to start with, and expiration (the best to use before...) date. But I believe it can be good coffee experience. I just need good paper to make bags/sachets.

angelscup

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
This post appears to be resurrected from the dead somehow. I'm guessing that the OP eventually did a search and found the floggers "coffee singles", which is coffee in a tea bag. Never had it, but I'm assuming it's a) stale and b) very difficult for the average person to steep correctly. Let's lay this thread to rest!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Rishi Tea sells the tea bags for those who want to make their own tea in a bag. No after taste from the bag. Not sure if they are fine enough for coffee but worth checking them out