Coffee Tree LLC and its Roasters Mark brand -- distributorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytondinger

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard of this company headquartered in Wilmington, DE? They've advertised: Wholesale Coffee Business est 1991. 35 account nets 100k. Will train and stay for 30 days. 29k finance with 5k down. Call 937-528-2327.

When I called the number repeatedly for a week, all I ever got was a voice message, then, I received a call from someone in Escondido, CA who provided me with the background and steered me to their website (roastersmark.com) to learn about the business model and apply online. Here is what the site says about the company's Business Plan:

This Page will outline our business plan and what you should expect if you decide to become a Distributor with us. After submitting a completed Distributor application and being accepted for the position , you will then execute your agreement ,
This agreement spells out everything we are going to do for you, and everything you will be required to do for the company as a Distributor. After executing the agreement you will then make a partial down payment of $ 4900.00 which is 50 % of the total down payment. We will then order and ship all of your equipment and product, you will receive it in approximately 10 -15 business days.

Upon receiving these items you will be required to deposit with the Company an additional $4900.00 for a total down payment of $9800.00. At this point the Company will send one of their set up technicians, and with your help this person will set up your first 25 accounts, these accounts have already been either secured or contracted with us to receive service. Our set up tecnician will also train you in every aspect of your business, including invoicing your customers on a handheld computer that we will be supplying to you.

Now your ready to begin your 90 day trial , during this period you shall receive a salary of $600.00 per week from the Company and The Company will retain all of the revenues generated by you the Distributor , You will have the option of switching to commission once you see that the commissions are greater than the salary.

After operating this business for a period of 90 days you will now decide if this Distributorship is a good fit for you , if it "is" you will move forward and finalize the sale of the business to you , and you will sign a note to the Company for the remaining balance of $ 20,200.00 . It will be financed over 60 months at an interest rate of 8 % the payment will be $420.00 per month . At this time the Company will add an additional 10 accounts to your business without any additional cost to you . Now with a total of 35 accounts you will be a full time Distributor.

If after operating the business for the 90 day trial period you should decide that this business is"not" a good fit for you ,you will simply opt out of the program , and receive a full refund of your initial $9800.00 investment without further financial obligation to the Company , we would just ask that you stay for a week or two so that we may put another Distributor in the territory .

As you are probably beginning to see ,, We The Company will do everything and we mean everything ! in our power to make sure that you become successful in your new business , you see we don't make any money unless your making money , we don't make our money selling distributorships , we make our money selling coffee , and you also will make your money selling coffee . If you beleive that you have the same amount of drive as we do , to ensure your business becomes a success , than we would love to have you on our team of over 120 Distributors .

Please go to the Application page of this website and complete the New Distributor Application , then click "Submit" upon receipt , one of the principals of the Company will contact you , and complete the process with you .

Do you think this could possibly be legit, or is it like the Royal Gourmet scam I found discussed on this forum. I'd REALLY appreciate your help and advice on this.

coffeeguy101

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Coffee Tree And it's Roasters Mark Brand

Yes, I have heard of them . I have been a distributor with them for over a year now.
I don't have anything to complain about, they have treated me very fairly.
everything that was promised I received .

lionelir

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know myself. I saw the same ad, got the same information, etc. I would tell you that I would need proof from prior distributors that it's working and that would involve going along with them on their routes, looking at some of their numbers, etc. I have seen it happen too often that one of the supposed "distributors" posts on a blog when it is really the company itself.

daytondinger

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for more information. I did send a private reply to coffeeguy101 who responded that he is a Coffee Tree distributor and provided my telephone number so we could talk. I haven't received a response. Hmmmm.

Jay_Raz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have heard of them . I have been a distributor with them for over a year now.
I don't have anything to complain about, they have treated me very fairly.
everything that was promised I received .

SCAM!!! But hey, the guy with newly created account can vouch for them :decaf:

Or maybe I should say more like a Pyramid Scheme.

redbadger48

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
New member with interest in this "op". Anyone actually completed the application and spoken with company? Seems like a really new ad since this is the first post about the company. Very little info on web about company.

redbadger48

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
Have spoken with the company and completed the application. Would like to speak with you, at your convenience, about your experience. Please contact me or leave me a contact number and time and I will contact you. Thanks.

Last edited:

iTrader

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Coffee Tree distributorship

I came across the same ad, checked the company out... Coffe Tree, LLC is a valid business name registered in DE since 1995, but business address of the company as listed on its website is not verifiable, company is registered with an "agent" (therefore no actual business is required), the brand "Roasters Mark" is not verifiable, so, it does not look too authentic of a business offering, would welcome other findings.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
If you are going to sell, why don't you sell for yourself ?

I mean, I hate to say this but you can get good coffee at alot of places. If you can sell, well you have the most important skill set.

daytondinger

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
After my son completed the application, I tried to find out more about the company. I tracked down their physical office in Delaware. It's in the same building as the Delaware Chamber of Commerce. When I called the Chamber, they didn't know anything about Coffee Tree LLC. I talked to the building manager who said she has met Dan Patrick and that he leased the office space in the building on June 1 of this year. Really new tenant.

Following that conversation, my wife said that Dan Patrick called our home and asked "is this the number for (ny name)?" When I returned his call, I got his voicemail as usual, left a message and never heard back.

Their website says that Holiday Inn is a customer, so I checked with the Holiday Inns in Dayton, OH and also in Wilmington, DE. None of them use anything branded Roasters Mark or Coffee Tree.

When I spoke with Robert Hurwitz, the person who originally called me following my inquiry into the ad, his phone showed up as a call from Escondido, CA both times I spoke with him. When I asked him about that, he said he was in Cherry Valley, New York, and that he uses the Internet for his telephone service.

He said my son was approved following the receipt of his application. I asked to speak to a couple of distributors. He said his brother would be calling me. I did receive a call from someone who said he was Michael Hurwitz. He gave me the names and phone numbers for two references. I called and left messages for them but never heard back.

I spoke to the local office of the FBI and shared the experience. They said it is definitely a scam and that I should file a report with iC3, a partnership of the FBI, The National White Collar Crime Center and The Bureau of Justice Assistance.

Did that. Saw the ad run again on Sunday in our local paper. My guess is that they'll take as many people as they can on this, then disappear.

coffeeguy101

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Once again i have been a Distributor with Coffee Tree for over a year this is a legitimate Co.
you people are not going about this the correct way. I am in Miami Beach Fl. I have about
20 Hotels and 32 office accounts this is a super business , and the Company did not put me
up to this.if your not going to believe any thing you here why bother ? move up or move on.

Oregon Coffee Man

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I inquired about this business opportunity from a listing in a Portland Oregon newspaper with a "503" (Northern Oregon) phone number. Then about 3 weeks later I receive a call from Andrea who has a "310" area code phone number. (Southern California) She gives me her pitch and send me an e-mail with a link to their website. The website has a contact address of 1201 North Orange Street in Wilmington Delaware (Zip code 19801). I then went to google maps to see if I can find this business at that location. It turns out that address is for a fairly large office building with about 50 tenants. However there are no listing for Coffee Tree LLC or Roaster's Mark or any type of coffee business for that matter. This does not look legit to me at all.

iTrader

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Coffee Tree distributorship

To "the coffeeguy101" :

I am just curious... what is the "right way"? And, by the way, if you were doing this and proud of it... why didn't you reply to the enquiry when the other fellow contacted you for information?

Status
Not open for further replies.