Coffee Trucks-prices, expectations, used or new?

Minutemanespresso

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been browsing the market for new and used trucks for nearly a month trying to assess prices, bundling, and customer satisfaction. I find used trucks from (all US $) 30,000-40,000 and new up to 78,000! Quite high it seems as I estimated a new truck with all equipment to be around 60,000. I was intrigued by the Seattle Coffee Company's Original series and their price was the higher one quoted. However, that is the size, shape, etc, model that seems sufficient.

I understand that new trucks can come with all equipment ready to go and a warranty but was wondering what people thought of:

A) Buying used v. buying new
B) Buying your own equipment v. having it bundled (esp. Seattle Coffee Trucks)
C) Other truck dealers

Looking at getting a good blend of quality and affordability, say around the 50k mark if that seems feasible? Many thanks and feel free to connect with me via PM for ideas, connections, advice, and delicious coffee.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
There are quite a few used options that might be worth checking out. We stumbled onto a fantastic used van that barely had any use on it. Close to $120K was invested in it and we got it for around $48K. Was too good to be true until we saw it in person.

Used equipment is fine if it has been maintained and you won't know that until you see and use it yourself. Most new/used packages I've checked into were decent combinations. If buying new I'd suggest asking if upgrades are available in case you don't like part of the standard package.

Look at the vehicle itself as that is the foundation of it all. Make sure it can handle what you expect as well as having decent fuel efficiency, etc.

Also be aware of the onboard power systems. Most setups I've seen use inverters, but those things are very limiting as to what power you have available and for how long. Some setups run lower wattage espresso machines and I have seen alot that run on propane to save electricity. Most idiotic setup I've seen was one van having TWO one group machines side-by-side running on 110V each. Would've made more sense to buy a larger power supply system and then buy a 2 group 220V machine as recovery time between extractions/steaming is without a doubt better. Believe me... when you have 10-15 people standing in line at any given time for 3-4 hrs. straight you want a machine that will recover faster than you can. Like steaming back-to-back 32+ oz. batches of milk for the dozen cups of hot chocolate that was just ordered.....

Also of equal importance is getting good quality water, having a place to dump grey water, etc.....

Anyway, if you have any questions about being mobile that I didn't answer, feel free to e-mail me or perhaps even a phone call will help. Later!

BLENDERZ

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
@ bay island coffee- hi and thanks for the interest
of the truck , I'm Selling my espresso/coffee , smoothie truck. It is self contained but if your really interested about the truck pls don't hesitate to call. I will be here to answer all of your questions.located in Los Angeles, corona. 714-829-6828, Jon

mobilebarista

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Is this espresso truck still available? If so, where is it located? Please email me with the full details of what you are selling including asking price? pictures, included equipment, age, truck style, make model etc. Please advise.
Thanks,

Gord
email: [email protected]

asmithpk

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi i want to ask that does coffee/espresso,smoothie truck still available for sale? I am intrested in buying that.. Please upload an image of that truck and offering price as well. Thanks

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
I built mine from the ground up. However, I pull it with a Toyota Tundra. My total cost was just over 16k including the 4k that I made in mistakes. I have a breakdown on my website (www.greenjoecoffeetruck.com). It covers how much I spent in supplies, plumbing, electric, floor, paint, walls, appliances and misc. Hope it helps for anyone looking to make the jump. I also put up my profit reports. If you need more detail, IM me...