coffee with PANINI???

NordstromCoffee

Jan 22, 2005
Visit site
We used to use to have a grill. The problem that we had was that it does slow down transaction time and it requires more employees. Also it can be hard to clean. If you do decide to have one it would probably be best to get the ingrediants yourself and premake them each morning.

Cappy Ccino

Mar 15, 2005
Marysville, WA
Visit site
Wallmart has recently added a grocery "wing" to their store in our town. Of course, any Wallmart opening devistates exsisting stores in the area. The Safeway store near us has decided to add a Panini Grill to their deli, along with remodeling. Their statistics show that they lost 15% of their grocery business to Wallmart, and are anticipating gaining that percentage back plus more with the grill addition. Every day at noon, we are in search of a good place to go for lunch. We're excited about the new addition to Safeway! Maybe if you limit the grill opening to 2 or 3 hours at first, you'll save on the extra employee time.

VivaBarista

Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
Nordy is right, preparing panini in the morning is your best bet. This way you can control costs and waste a little easier.

In my opinion panini are a great addition to a coffeehouse menu. It would not be uncommon to sell 20-30 a day and at $5-$6 each they can be a great additional profit center.

Here are a few of my favorite recipes:

POMODORO E FORMAGGIO
Vine Ripe Tomato,
Mozzarella Cheese,
& Fresh Basil

POLLO E PEPPERS
Mesquite Broiled Chicken Breast,
Roasted Red Bell Pepper,
Mozzarella & Rosemary

ITALIAN STALLION
Prosciutto, Salami,
Tomato, Grilled Onion,
& Mozzarella Cheese, w/ Oregano

Ok ... this post is making me hungry!

vb

gimme_coffee

May 6, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
has anyone ever tried a kid-friendly panini? I'm just wondering since we are contemplating a panini and I think it would be neat to have something oriented to the kids that mimics what an adult has on their plates but with a taste a kid would enjoy.

JimStark

Jun 3, 2005
Oklahoma City
Visit site
I am new to the coffee crowd, but I am certainly not new to panini's.

Our hot panini press only takes about 3 minutes to grill a sandwich (if it is pre-warmed, about a 10 minute process. I leave it on all during lunch and it uses very little electricity once warmed up.) I would not recommend pre-making the sandwiches. Part of the whole taste is warmth and freshness.

You can prep the meats and cheeses, however, with wax paper into individual sandwich portions.

The above recipes look great, nice work.

datazing

Jun 8, 2005
Seattle, WA
Visit site
We have our gourmet coffee beans in a few drive thru espresso stands and have been in the game here in seattle for several years. I cant say i have ever seen a grill in any stand (bogs down drive thru) but i do know of several cafe's with a drive thru who have grills inside. I would suggest making a sign advertising your grill for walk ups and if its slow enough in the drive thru sling a sandwich here and there. But when the morning and afternoon rush is bombing thru, you better be on your game gettin the coffee out the window.

mikefly

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
we make a killing on pannini wow just yester day in 2 hours we sold over $200 worth!!!!!!! and my most expesive one is $3.95
find a food distrubter you can get all of your meats presliced and the same with your cheese and make sure you get the best bread you can afford.....tyr sysco or if your in the FSA and start with a home style grill to see if your customers like them and be creative people are tired of burgers and pizza and i make mine right out front were people can see and smell whats going on and they know i havnt droped there food on the floor lol!!!!

FireCracker

Jul 25, 2005
Iowa, USA
Visit site
Our pannini's go over great, we have only been open a couple of weeks, so I am still a litle green behind the gills; however, I think that since we opened soft, without a lot of funding, had we not decided to add pannini we would probably already be scrambling.

As far as a kid frendly pannini, we do a couple of real simple ones. Two slices of yellow American a couple pieces of turkey/ham on white bread. The parents are thrilled, the kids are happy, and most importantly the profit is still nice.

I am wondering if anyone has any recipies for a desert pannini? We found a recipie for a chocolate one in a magazine, but we haven't had a chance to play with it much.