Coffee with spices

upnorth

Sep 15, 2020
Visit site

Ingredients:
Coffee 250 gGinger 1 tbs Ground mace 1/2 tbs Cinnamon 2 tbs Black pepper 1/4 tbs Arabic gum 7 graines Almonds 7 grainesWalnuts 2 grainesNutmeg powder 1/4 tbs Cloves 10 grainesCardamom 10 grainesRosemary 1/2 tbs Fennel seeds 1/2 tbs Nigella seeds 1/2 tbsSesame seeds 1 tbs Star anise 1 graineAnise 1/2 tbs

Preparation :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB2qu1tUrnI

Not necessary to use all the igredients.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
With all of that stuff in the coffee, you really aren't drinking coffee anymore. Even if you only add half of that stuff, same difference. For true coffee lovers, that is sacrilege.

upnorth

Sep 15, 2020
Visit site
With all of that stuff in the coffee, you really aren't drinking coffee anymore. Even if you only add half of that stuff, same difference. For true coffee lovers, that is sacrilege.

For my everyday coffee I like it free from anything else than coffee and water, but from time to time I try different mixtures for a different taste. My guests loved this one. Without tying it's difficult to judge anyway.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I assume you are putting all the ingredients in the brew basket? Sounds like a lot of work. I used to roast coffee for a place in Tampa called Berns Steak house. Amazing place if you ever find yourself in Tampa! Anyhoo....I was roasting on an old antique Royal built in 1896. Loved that machine. I noticed a server making the coffee when I first started and asked what the tablespoon of ingredients was that she had sprinkled on top of the coffee in the basket. She said it's called coffee secret. She said it goes in every brew we do. I did some snooping and found a huge barrel of "coffee secret" in the commissary. When I opened it and smelled it and realized what it was. I asked the owner why do you put 1 tablespoon of chicory and Foldgers on top of amazing coffee? He turned white. He asked who the hell told you what it was?? No one except 3 people know the "secret" I explained that I could smell the chicory and saw there was "flavor crystals" all through it. He just glared at me and walked away. I still think it is weird. LOL...then again when I started there they had a 13 bean blend. Not even exaggerating! Luckily my boss listened to my frustrations. I was able to cut the cost an make the coffee taste better. I like the saying KISS...keep it simple stoopid.

shohas563

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
[FONT=libre_franklinregular]Always try to clean your coffee machine two times in a week. You should clean all removable parts every day after using the machine. Once parts removed scrub with a toothbrush. Regular cleaning is essential to keep the machine durable.[/FONT]

SophieWaggner83

Oct 28, 2020
USA
Visit site
Here is my favorite receipt:

• 1/3 cup ground coffee (not instant coffee granules)
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or other spice. Cardamom, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, allspice and star anise pair well with coffee
Step 1: Sprinkle grounds with spice
Combine coffee with ground cinnamon or other spice in the filter basket of your coffee maker. We used a drip coffeemaker, but you can also spice up coffee made in a French press, Chemex, pour-over or other method.

Step 2: Brew
Prepare coffee as usual. You’ll get about four cups.
Step 3: Enjoy!

CafeLast

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Sometimes its a good idea to try mixing it up :) My family always drank coffee with chicory, as is the standard in New Orleans. Try it, its delicious!