Cold Coffee! Help!

CAR1LOS

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
Hey everybody, i hope someone here can help me :p

i live on Venezuela, a latin american country, and we don''t see cold coffee store too often.

When i was on USA, a few months ago, i tried a coffee on dunkin donuts called: Coffee Coolatta, it was really good, i dont know how they make it, but it tastes wow!
And also on starbucks i used to buy a coffee called Frapuccino, with caramel :p, it was really good.

I would like to try making some cool coffee, it won''t be the same, but its better than nothing.

Is there a way to make it? I mean, with things i can find on the market

I tried to do something with black coffee, i put some vanilla and ice and then i put all on the blender... but it wasn''t that good :S

i would appreciate any help!

Thanks

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hola CAR1LOS. Como estas??

Coffee Coolattas from Dunkin Donuts are my fave during the summer. The other fast food iced coffees don't do it for me anymore, not since I discovered real coffee. The Coolattas are like a coffee flavored milk shake.

As far as your experiments with vanilla flavored iced coffee at home, I'd recommend brewing your coffee twice as strong as you normally would. Muy fuerte!! That way, the ice doesn't dilute the coffee flavor.

OR... of course, use any left over coffee from this morning to make the ice cubes, then add that to your blender with regular strength coffee and vanilla flavor, etc.

Good luck!

Bienvenido al Coffeeforums.com! :D

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
cold coffee

I have started brewing my coffee cold as an extract. You add 1/3 of the coffee and 2/3 of what ever else you want in it. The coffee maker is really simple it is called a Toddy. You can find a link to it on my website.

essentialwonders

Apr 5, 2007
Akron, Ohio
Visit site
The Best Recipe For Iced Coffee:

1. Brew your coffee 25-50% stronger.
2. Fill glass with ice.
3. Pour your coffee in glass.
4. 1-2 squirts of your favorite flavored syrup.
5. Now you have the original iced coffee and still the best.

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
essentialwonders said:
The Best Recipe For Iced Coffee:

1. Brew your coffee 25-50% stronger.
2. Fill glass with ice.
3. Pour your coffee in glass.
4. 1-2 squirts of your favorite flavored syrup.
5. Now you have the original iced coffee and still the best.

Why would you think "original" Iced Coffee had or has syrup in it? Iced Coffee is just that; double brewed coffee served over ice. If you need to add syrup buy better coffee.