Commercial Insurance for small roaster

AndyP

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi All - I am shopping for commercial insurance for the small roasting business I'm starting. I need to get a general liability policy, but am unsure about coverage on the roaster and other equipment. I think I should be operational for under 14k. Do you insure your equipment 100%? Is it covered for disaster, theft, etc? I'm just going to be roasting and distributing - no coffee shop and no customers on location. it seems like coverage shouldnt be very expensive. Thoughts?

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
depends on the town and your landlord for the liability. Usually 1 million is the norm. Basic fire and theft you need to discuss with your agent. You can also insure for loss of income do to loss of equipment but everything you add on will be a higher premium.
I have my contents insured for 200K and a separate liability policy for 1 million. The liability policy is short money. Tornadoes and acts of god coverage vary in different states cost wise. It is up to you to weigh the cost of insurance against what you have spent for equipment

jayroast

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
About $1000/year in California primarily covering damage to ~1800sf of leased space ($1mil) + small amount of inventory ($25k) & equipment ($25k) from theft/total loss.

What state are you in?

Find a commercial insurance agent and give them SIC Code 2095 as your business type.

Last edited: