Contained System Question?

MilkMan

Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a drive thru kiosk on a low budget. I have verbally nailed down a location and will soon get it on paper. I have designed the layout I want for the kiosk, now I am trying to design the potable and grey water tank system. I am planning on using 35 gal poly tanks for both the grey and the potable. I am planning on building the kiosk myself. My questions are:

1. How is the grey water emptied? Would I be better off with several smaller tanks that can be handled when full?

2. What kind of pump works best for the tank set up?

3. Where should I get my drinking water? Should it be delivered from Culligan and poured in 5gals at a time? Is anyone filling up with a hose since the water is filtered then boiled?

I have a meeting with the planning board and the health department week after next, and I want to have these specifics down before the meeting. I will be breaking new ground on the kiosk idea around here so I need to have my ducks in a row. I have searched the forum for related posts and came up empty handed. If I have missed one, please direct me to it. Any info on these questions would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Twitch

Mar 9, 2005
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
of those questions, the easiest will probably be the emptying of the gray water tanks.

You can contact a local company that goes around servicing portable toilets and find out what they'd charge to come by and empty that tank for you. Shouldn't be too expensive.

I too am looking at tanks, but haven't solved the fresh water problem myself other than the possibility of putting a 60gallon tank in the trunk of my car and doing it myself.

Espresso911

May 30, 2005
SF Bay Area/East Bay
Visit site
Tanks

Hey Milk-Man,
Be sure to make the Grey water tank about twice as big as the sweet water tanks. You'll need seperate ones for your espersso machine and sink as well. The grey water tank should be able to hold all of your tanks and then some. In my case, I have a sixteen gallon espresso tank and a 22 gallon sink tank. the grey water is 50 gallons. I know that sounds excessive but you need to be able to go the long run without stopping to empty stuff. I've also got filters and water softners attached to system and use a hose to re-fill.

Good Luck.