Cool Tool to See How Fat Coffee Makes You...

CoffeeMakerStore

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,

I created this and am hoping to publicize it soon. I'd love your feedback.

It shows drinks from Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, McDonald's, and Caribou Coffee. It shows almost ALL of their coffee drinks. The only thing I have to add is the "soy milk" option. It shows:

1). Amount of calories in your drink

2). How many you'd have to drink to gain 10 pounds

3). How much weight you'd gain if you drank one per day for an entire year

It's got pics of the drinks too. What do you think? Is it something I could turn into an iPhone app too?

http://thecoffeemakerstore.com/coffee_c ... ecalcu.php

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I plugged in brewed coffee for 8 oz and it was the same result as a 20 oz...not sure how that worked...It seems like a neat little program. Truth be known I think most people do not want to think about how much they are going to gain if they continue to drink their beverage of choice :wink:

CoffeeMakerStore

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Brewed coffee probably has 0 calories, I'm suspecting that's why you got the same result for different sizes.

I appreciate your feedback. I hope people find it useful or at least humorous!

Best,
Raza

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
your site says its 5 calories per drink for brewed coffee no milk no whipped cream. I tried a few others and it glitched out...I filled out each field and it said I must fill out each field...not sure what was up..sorry

C

coffeeloverlisa

I like a non-fat latte with a bit of sugar when I am out getting plenty of exercise, so I am not too concerned about counting coffee calories.

It's the box of donuts, snicker's bar followed by glass of Scotch and cigar that awaits my return that perhaps could use a flow chart though.

Cheers,

Lisa

rlauzon

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is the after effect of caffeine.

Since caffeine boosts your metabolism, it also decreases your blood sugar, making your feel more hungry.

Back when I was able to drink caffeine, I noticed that caffeine often made me irrationally hungry (i.e. I became hungry at strange times, or had sugary cravings). This made it much more difficult to stay on the diet.