Cracks in water reservoir-- Bonavita 1900TS-- is this common?

lucan_g

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I've now owned two Bonavita 1900TS 8 cup drip coffee makers... and within a month of owning each stress cracks have started appearing near the top of the clear plastic water reservoir. I'm assuming it is the heat... but I'm wondering if there could be anything I'm doing or if this is common? It's very frustrating because I love the compact size of the coffee maker, its consistently rated well, and yet this has happened twice now.

Should I just fold and get a Moccamaster? I'm at a loss, and this seemed like a great forum for seeking advice...

Bonavitaworld

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
This is not a normal issue with this brewer. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to replace just the reservoir, but we would be happy to replace this for you. Please complete the warranty claim form found on the bonavitaworld website to receive a replacement. For further assistance, please email customersupport@bonavitaworld (dot) comThank you.

john21mart

Jan 22, 2016
Corral Springs, FL
Visit site
I've had the same problem 3 times!!! Service there is great..had a Technivorm before and was not good to make a small pot of coffee, so after having both, I bought a Wilfa Precision from Williams-Sonoma...Best coffeemaker I've ever had, however, the paint near the drip spout staring peeling and entered the brew basket! I called Williams-Sonoma only to find out the Wilfa is no longer available in US, So I returned it..bought another Technivorm. I think it's the best machine made but the coffee flavor is not as good as either the Wilfa or Bonavita.

Do I spend the $$$ for the Ratio brewer?? Any suggestions out there??