Cuisinart Grind and Brew

TTTTom

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Our trusty old drip brewer is showing it's age and we are thinking of buying a Cuisinart Grind and Brew. If anyone owns one of these or can suggest a similar model, your comments would be appreciated. Also here are a few questions:

** Is it difficult to calculate the amount of beans to put in to brew just a few cups?
** Is it better to buy the glass caraft or the stainless steel "Thermal Carafe"?

TIA,

T in Carolina

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
My buddy had the Cuisinart Grind and Brew and didn't like it...said the grinder was in a bad place..the steam would rise and clog the hole where the coffee was dispensed...buy the new bodum vacuum...it make awsome coffee....as good as a french press!!!

TTTTom

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Cowboy Coffee

Topher,

I have always thought of a "French Press" as a fancy method of the old Cowboy Coffee where you just boil water on the open fire, dump in the coffee grounds, wait a few minutes and pour slowly to keep the grounds out of the cup.

We have never had fancy coffee makers, but instead focused on good coffee beans and clean water.

Does the French Press really make better coffee?

T in Carolina

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
HELL YES!! The coffee steeps like loose tea...so the grounds do not run through quickly...also cheap coffee makers do not get the water hot enough....french presses are cheap though...can pick them up for around 20 bucks...check out www.bodum.com they have the vacuum pot I was talking about.

TTTTom

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Topher,

I saw the Bodum Vacuum Pot - it looks pretty cool. Reminds me of chemestry lab!

Though our trusty drip brewer is old, I still think it makes a pretty good cup of coffee. About 7 minutes to brew 16.5 ounces - for the hefty tankard I use for my morning jumpstart.

Do you have a Bodum Vac Pot??

Enjoy,

T in Carolina