cups and saucers

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
One of the best commercial roasting/retail operations here in the USA also has your name...gimme coffee, maybe you should ask them these questions. They are very succesful and good friends!

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
One question and I'm trying to be helpful here, but have you given any thought to your core product, coffee? It's the stuff that would go into those pretty and colorful cups/saucers.

You can put dog poop on a beautiful plate but it's still dog poop. :wink:

gimme_coffee

May 6, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
I have a hard time focusing on just one thing but we are contemplating having normal dinnerware for those that are staying and to-go cups for people to take with them. We have been brainstorming various promotions and the appearance of the shop as well as the coffee that goes in the cups.

It's a balancing act, I think. You could have the greatest coffee in the world but if your shop looks like crap, no one's gonna want to come in and buy it.

On the other hand, your shop could look incredible and if your product stinks, then no one will buy it.

Does that make sense?

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
There is a certain sense to that logic but some of the best shops, by industry standards seem to focus more on the quality of the product than decor/ambience.

As long as it's clean!