Dark Roast or Full Bodied Beans

I’m looking for some dark roasted or full bodied beans that would go perfect with the French press method of coffee making. I’m look for high quality beans that do not have an acidity and the cigar bitterness that Starbucks is famous for. I looking to pay no more than fifteen bucks including shipping. If you roasters do any type of roast like that, please comment. I tend to support true bible believing Christian organizations that send 100% of the profits to a mission such as Barnyard Coffee.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I've found I like medium roasts best after drinking dark roasts for years using a french press. I find the medium roast provides me with much more coffee flavor in a french press. I still like the dark roasts for espresso though.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I hate Charbucks. I found a great roaster local to me. He roasts beans every day and only roasts enough so that they sell within no more than 3 days from roasting. Nice medium roast stuff from Bluestone Coffee Company in Montclair, NJ. I get their Sumatra something or other. Really delicious in a french press.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Would you something like a Mexican single origin or Peru single origin?

Hey there... I have more time now to respond vs. just the link. First ? - have you tried any of my coffee? If so what? I tend to roast most of my blends a solid medium, the coffee I recommend is based on a base of Peru which is taken just to the point of 2nd crack. So probably just a touch of oil will be on the beans and well they will smell, well, dark roasted. Peru coffees are smooth, with no acidity. It also has some Brazil for chocolaty flavor and Colombia for a touch of acidity (but not bright at this roast level).

One thing to be aware of when selecting a coffee is the processing. Washed processed coffees will taste cleaner and brighter, natural tend to have fruity/juicy/sweeter flavors. Do you have a prefernce?